Q&A: Ask Freely and Learn about the Craft!

Hi Starlene, I’m glad you decided to start your path!

You don’t have to have any tools! They can be helpful but its not necessary that you buy anything expensive.

It’s not the tools, it’s the Witch

Instead, get creative with what you have. My first book of shadows was an old notebook that I had, my wand is an old drumstick. Being a percussionist it has special value to me.

Your wand could be a pen that you used for exams, a wooden spoon, a paint brush, a branch that you found… And even your index finger as it will direct and also channel energy.

Your chalice could be a cup of tea or mug. It channels healing energy when you fill it with tea and drink it. Just make sure once you consecrate it for a Magical use, don’t put it back in the kitchen drawer but keep it separate!

16 Likes

Thank you so very much. I feel I’ve waited a Thank you. I have waited 10 lifetimes for my path to begin! I’ve worshipped the Godess and God since I can remember I just never understood and I certainly kept it to couldn’t ask anyone. Blessed Be!!

13 Likes

You’re very welcome!!! :raised_hands:

Ask any questions you have, or whenever you feel like sharing anything you’re interested in, or learning about… You can create a topic in the forum or reply to any topic you like!

Blessed Be!! :dizzy:

10 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Anyone know any good luck spells to help pass an exam?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Body gets hot when casting spells. Is it normal?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Uses for a Yellow Candle? :yellow_heart:

Your spell should work just find it is the intention and focus u put into it that makes it happen welcome and blessed be💕

9 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Help! Looking for Guidance with a Strange Encounter

It’s never too young to start, but make sure your parents or guardians know and are okay with it, I would say. That is a bummer, I know, but if you’re going to be meditating or chanting or doing something, they may get curious. Better to be up front.

But it’s okay to change your mind too! You’re young, it’s a difficult time for you, so don’t make any concrete changes yet.

9 Likes

thank you .
and i have alredy told both my mum and dad, well nearly my whole family. thanks again.

8 Likes

You’re welcome! You can even have your parents watch the Self-Initiation course, that way they’ll know the type of things you’re getting up to and won’t worry so much, and they’ll have some facts in case anyone asks them questions.

9 Likes

You may want to consider looking into learning how to access your Akashic Records and possibly even use a pendulum to access your guides and/or your deceased loved one? A good site to look at concerning pendulum use is www.askyourpendulum.com and www.discoveringdowsing.com (nigel and maggie percy’s site, they have authored many books as well. If that isnt their site I apologize just google search their names). All the best to you on contacting your loved one and growing in your practice.

13 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Casting spells in daylight as opposed to under the moon?

I’ve been going through the self initiation course and I was going through the list of deities ( https://spells8.com/topic/first-devotional/ ) and I noticed there aren’t many gods associated with death. I know it says it isn’t a comprehensive list but I was wondering if there was a reason behind it?

9 Likes

Thanks for the observation @Torista. That page wasn’t updated in a while. I think one of the big ones that was missing was Hades (god of death and king of the underworld). I just added it to the page.

For a much more comprehensive list, I recommend you explore this page: List of Death Deities

10 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

10 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: What books do you recommend?

A post was split to a new topic: A few questions about the self initiation and practicing

2 posts were split to a new topic: Talisman & Amulets Separate or Togetherr

A post was split to a new topic: Help! Keep getting the 10 of Swords