Question about a crystal

¡Hola a todos y todas!

Some weeks ago, I went to a crystal store so expand a bit my crystal collection. I found a crystal called “Coral” twice at the store. I decided to buy one. I tried to find its meaning in the crystal apps I use but didn’t find any meaning.

Do you know any info about it? Thanks in advance :crystal_ball:

6 Likes

I may be mistaken, but I believe that “Coral” is kind of like Amber- while it’s often put in the same category as stones and crystals, it’s actually something else. While Amber is a resin often washed ashore from trees in the sea, I believe the Coral you have may actually be coral from the sea.

That doesn’t mean it’s any less valuable or beautiful- you’ve got a really gorgeous piece @RyuWyn! :two_hearts:

The crystal experts (calling on @Christina4, @Missa, and the other wise crystal folks of the forum) will have much more information for you, I’m sure!

Enjoy your treasure! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Gracias, @BryWisteria ! :sparkles:

3 Likes

This very well could be coral. It’s expensive. It’s becoming extinct and that’s why I don’t have any. But it’s also polished so it’s harder to tell, but it looks like it is coral.

4 Likes

Thank you for taking a look! :slight_smile: I’m not sure if it’s a coral anymore cause it wasn’t expensive… But yea, it’s very polished.

3 Likes

It could still be coral because you have to look at where it came from and the fact that it’s polished may mean that it sells for a lower price. Everybody wants the natural form.

3 Likes

That makes sense. Gracias de nuevo @christina4 :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

no es problema. es un placer ayudar a los demás

2 Likes

@RyuWyn It very well could be coral but I’m honestly not sure what that could be. Personally as far as crystal stores I have been to and crystal live sales I have watched I have never seen coral look like that. I have only seen it as “Fossil Coral/Fossilized Coral”. And it has a very different look to it. And i’m not trying to say what you have is not legit at all… it very well could be coral still! I just haven’t seen it like that before! :slight_smile:

@BryWisteria Thank you for thinking of me and @christina4 for this! :heart:

4 Likes

Of course :relaxed: I love your intense answers!!! :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, @Missa, and yea, it doesn’t look like the pictures, but, it looks like I have a unique version of coral, that thought makes me feel better, haha.

Thanks again!

3 Likes