Question about cleansing and purification spell?

So I’m trying to get some guidance on the subject of cleanser and purification spell. I’m brand new to this as well as building my grimoire. but I was informed by who did my reading that a cleanser and purification spell is needed and imminent to make my vision and path more clear in life to move forward and expel all the negative energy that’s with me I guess I’m trying to figure out if it’s to lure in more money or what? she said I need a picture of myself, dried parsley, and a white candle. Can I potentially get some clarification on the right things I need for the spell and how to carry it out properly and safely. I tried to do a little research on my own but I don’t even know where to start. I just kind of believe her because my palm reading was so spot on it was wild and I just felt this vibrance of energy I’m trying to embrace that! Thank you in advance! Blessed be!

10 Likes

We have loads of bath spells on site that are purification spells, and protection spells too! Don’t be giving any of your hard-earned money away for something you can do yourself. Here are some ideas:

That’s just a start! I’m sure everyone has their favorite spell or purification ritual. Me, I just bought some Florida Water soap in a bar so I can carve runes on it. It’ll get here tomorrow, I hope it smells good.

8 Likes

That’s pretty awesome I’m definitely going to nonstop be learning as much as I can from the site and saving the grimoire pages so I can put it all together in a binder! I guess I was just questioning the dried parsley because all the research I’ve done I haven’t really found parsley being part of a cleansing or purification ritual/spell

9 Likes

I’ve heard of taking a bath with fresh parsley for cleansing, but not dried. I don’t know much about parsley though, it’s not in our green witchcraft course. Maybe someone else knows.

6 Likes

Well, that’s interesting. Parsley is associated with Persephone and there are lots of magical uses for it but it isn’t the first item I think of when I think of cleansing and purification. If you trust this person, then why not, but there are plenty of other ways. On the other hand, parsley is one of the healthiest foods on the planet! It is full of antioxidants.

6 Likes

Good morning, Tyler!

Cleansing and purification are two of the first things I recommend any new witch to learn – plus some protection spells, of course! :sparkles: I think you’re on the right track here asking questions. Bravo to you!

I do have a concern, though, because you said someone who did a reading for you is telling you that you need to cleanse and purify to make your vision and path more clear. :thinking: One of the first red flags from any reader or “professional witch” is that they tell you that you have a lot of negativity around you, you need a cleansing, or your cursed. Usually it’s something along those lines. Anyway, this is generally a ploy to get you to spend more money. :money_with_wings:

It sounds like the reader has given you instructions to perform the spell on your own. That’s perfect! My concern with that is that maybe they’ve given you not-so-great-instructions so that you will go back to them and say it didn’t work. Then they’ll offer to do it for you for a fee.

@Amethyst has give you some good links to purifications and cleanses. We have an entire section on the Spells8 website dedicated to spiritual cleanses, too, not just baths.

And when it comes to Parsley, here is a quote from Scott Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magickal Herbs. :herb:

(Petroselinum crispum, Petroselinum sativum) D+ P K

Folk Names: Devil’s Oatmeal, Percely, Persil, Petersilie, Petroselinum, Rock Parsley
Planet: Mercury
Element: Air
Deity: Persephone
Powers: Lust, Protection, Purification
Magical Uses: When eaten, parsley provokes lust and promotes fertility, but if you are in love don’t cut parsley—you’ll cut your love as well. Though the plant has associations with death and is often regarded as evil, the Romans tucked a sprig of parsley into their togas every morning for protection. It is also placed on plates of food to guard it from contamination. Parsley is also used in purification baths, and those to stop all misfortune. A wreath of parsley worn on the head prevents (or delays) inebriation.

So it looks like Parsley has been used in the past for protection and purification. I don’t think there’s any harm in using it in your spell.

Hopefully all of this helps! :heart:

7 Likes

Yes parsley is used for purification and banishing evil - Im not sure why it would need to be dried though. Here’s an excerpt from adamsfarms.com by Sue Adams:

Parsley:
Much of the folklore associated with parsley refers to a look alike plant called “fool’s parsley” which is Aethusea cynapium, a plant native to Europe, Asia and Africa. It is related to hemlock, and like hemlock, is poisonous; hence the unpleasant meanings.
Ancient Greeks believed that parsley sprung from the blood of Archemorus, whose name meant forerunner of death. Victors at funeral games, athletic games held in honor of a deceased person, were crowned with parsley. The saying “to be in need of parsley” meant that someone was very ill and not expected to survive.
Ironically, parsley was worn at Roman weddings to ward off evil spirits.
Greek gardens often had borders of parsley and rue, which led to the saying, “Oh! We are only at the parsley and rue, to signify when an undertaking was in contemplation and not fully acted upon.
Homer tells of chariot horses being fed parsley by warriors before battle in hopes of making the horses more fleet of foot.
In Tudor times, parsley was thought to be a remedy for baldness.
Modern meanings for parsley must be referring to the parsley that we’re familiar with, as they’re much more pleasant. Parsley means lasting pleasure, festivity to banish misfortune, and useful knowledge.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.