Questions about My Sacred Space

Continuing the discussion from New from north carolina:

6 Likes

I’m so sorry hun. It’s not easy, having to stay hidden in the broom closet. I’m sorry that you don’t feel that you’d have the full support of hubby, I hope that he can understand. I found this section in one of the courses really helpful.

One thing that I have learned is that your altar can be whatever you need it or want it to be. Everyone’s altar is completely 100% unique to their own practice. From what you’ve described what you’re using is perfect as it fits your needs and it helps you to feel a little bit more comfortable when you practice. You do not need all the fancy kit to practice. Your intent is what is most important. But I’m still very new so I know that there are some people on here that have far much more experience than me, so if you’d like to start a new topic in the forum, please feel free, go right ahead hun. Everyone will completely understand. You may just get the answers and reassurance that you’re looking for. I’m sure that there will have been some members that have had a similar experience in some ways. I’m sorry I can’t be of more help but I hope that helps a little. Best of luck! Please just reach out if you ever need to chat.

• Wait I see @Susurrus has you covered with the new topic! Thank you!
9 Likes

I have to put away my altars every two weeks or so when it is my weekend with my daughter. It gives me the opportunity to re-arrange things and try new layouts. A recurring theme around here is “Use what you have.” Your practice is more important than having the perfect space. It will all come in time.

When I first read the title of this I thought, “Who still uses Myspace? Is that even a thing anymore?”

9 Likes

I store most of my stuff in a tote as well. I just don’t have the room in my apartment. Use what you have! It doesn’t have to be out all of the time either. The Gods know what’s in your heart.

9 Likes

Usually, 24 hours but however long you can keep them out for. Good luck with everything and don’t get frustrated a lot as that’s normal with being on the broom closet.

5 Likes

Thank you so much!!

6 Likes

@misty5 omg u are from north Carolina, so am i.

4 Likes

@anon87969570 no hon, myspace is gone.

4 Likes

:wink: :wink: I know.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.