Race For Life At Home

Morning everyone and Happy Saturday!

The sun is shining here in my part of the UK and we’re having a barbecue later with the kids.

But I wanted to share with you all what I’ve been up to this morning.

Usually Cancer Research UK holds a number of 3K, 5K and 10K races as well as some “pretty muddy” events around the UK each year where you can be sponsored to raise funds.

Last year they were all cancelled due to the pandemic and this year’s races are obviously dependent on what happens going forward.

This morning I took part in Race For Life At Home on my treadmill. I’d not run since school before January when I started Couch to 5K, graduating in March. Now I’m running 5K!

Here a couple of photos from before and after.

Not expecting anyone to sponsor me, I know times are tough, but if you can every little helps

14 Likes

Great job getting it done this morning! I used Couch to 5k when I was doing mud runs & obstacle 5k runs. I loved that app, it worked really well for me also!

8 Likes

Well Done you :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You smashed it :heartpulse:

8 Likes

You are positively wonderful!

9 Likes

Congratulations! What a wonderful cause and you did so well!

9 Likes

Woohoo @IrisW! Race For Life at Home sounds like a wonderful cause, and 5k is a long way to run- you’re amazing! :running_woman: :two_hearts:

Congrats to you on both your journey in running and for joining in on such a wholesome event :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes