Really upset right now more pissed actually

So i just found out someone used my information to get a credit card and now payments due and the company has been calling me but I literally never even thought about getting one as I already know i cant afford one. Not very happy thinking back to when i lived in group homes that would have been the only place someone could have gotten my id and such but i never thought anyone would go digging through my purse for my information.

9 Likes

I’m so sorry that happened! I had a similar situation with an ex & his girlfriend who happened to be an old best friend of mine.

Start a dispute with the credit bireaus & as far as the credit card, dispute it & close it. Theres going to be letters that need to be written. I would also put a lock on your 3 credot reports at least until this is resolved.

I understand the feings that whirl & the questions. I’m sorry this happened to you. I hope it isnt too much of a hassle to start.

5 Likes

First, I’m sorry this has happened to you. the next thing you need to do is file a police report giving the police the information you have. They will file the report and you can send this to the company. They are required to prove that you did this. they will have to provide IP addresses, the address the card was sent to, and more to the police to prove it was in fact you. From there they will be required to close the account and mark it as a fraud loss.

6 Likes

@LadyDennaRahl thank you for adding that, it will be necessary for you to have a copy of that sent to the credit card company & the credit bureaus & I would keep a copy of any emails, reports, or letters that get sent or received for your own records.

5 Likes

I have no good advice for you, unlike the others. But I’m sorry it’s happened to you, that’s awful!

5 Likes

I actually just had something similar happened to me as I checked my credit report and I found out that there was like a $6,000 balance on an apartment complex I never lived in and it just affected a lot with my home buying process which actually today I got approved for my new house but that you know being a credit card and being on your credit can definitely affect a lot I definitely understand you being upset I was upset too and I do hope that you get that squared away and that it doesn’t affect your credit at all because I I know that can be a pain

5 Likes

You’ve got some solid advice here, @Nikita-mikaelson- I’m so sorry that happened to you! :pray: You should not be responsible for charges that weren’t made by you- I hope you can get everything sorted out!

It sounds like it was a tough situation with the credit balance, but I’m glad you were able to sort it out, @Redd_27. And a huge congrats on getting approved for your new house! :tada::two_hearts:

4 Likes

Oh my gods, that’s terrible! I’m so sorry you’re experiencing this. I have no advice because I’ve never been in this situation but it seems like you have already been given wonderful advice from others :pray: I’m praying it all works out for you quickly and easily!

5 Likes

@Nikita-mikaelson
Am really sorry honey😔

6 Likes

@Nikita-mikaelson
First in order, as Siofra said start a dispute! Call the company and make a complaint, find out what it was used for and deny the money.
Garnet

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.