Book and YouTube Recommendations

Does anyone have any book recommendations? (anything new age and pagan and wicca related)

And any youtube video/people recommendations? I love watching Harmony Nice!

7 Likes

Hi Marissa! Welcome to the forum! :tada:

Some of the best books on Wicca and Paganism:

For Beginners (Must-have)

I wrote a review on these book in this post:

Recommended Books for Wiccans
Best-Books-for-Wiccans-500x300

• ✦ ✧ ◦ ┈┈┈ ✩ :crescent_moon: ☆ ┈┈┈ ◦ ✧ ✦ •

Further Reading:

Witch Crafting A Spiritual Guide to Making Magic - by Phyllis Curott

A Book of Pagan Prayer - by Ceisiwr Serith

Celtic Myth and Magick Harness the Power of the Gods and Goddesses - by Edain McCoy

Earth Magic A Dianic Book of Shadows - by Marion Weinstein

Youtube Channels!

If you like Harmony Nice, you will love these channels:

12 Likes

Hello,

I have 3 channels for you! I was just going to post about it, but then I saw your post.

The first 2 channels are made by the same lady, a kitchen/herbal witch named Annabel Margaret. She lives in Seattle and just recently moved from living in her grandmother’s cabin in the middle of nowhere, to an apartment.

One of her blogs is about her life and her journey, and the other is about the Craft. Here are the links:

Annabel Margaret
The Green Witch

The third YouTube channel is by a woman named Asia Suler. I’m not sure how to describe her. Her videos are about helping the earth, being part of the earth’s healing, tapping into our own power and intuition. They are really powerful. And she’s just written a book which one can pre-order, called Mirrors in the Earth. Links to her channel and book:

Asia Suler’s YouTube
Mirrors in the Earth, book

Not only THAT, she has a fantastic website where she offers courses, flower essences, etc. I really recommend the QUIZ on her site, it’s so insightful!:
One Willow Apothecaries

Enjoy!

10 Likes

I love Annabel Margaret and The Green Witch. Her voice is so calming and she does a great job on all of her videos. She taught me how to make my rosemary oil. Lol!

4 Likes

Another vote from me for The Green Witch! She’s wonderful and she has some really helpful recipes too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :green_heart:

Also, our very own talented @MeganB has a fantastic YouTube Channel loaded with great witchy topics:

Round the Cauldron

And the amazing @Silverbear has an awesome YouTube Channel as well- I especially recommend her meditations (she’s kindly shared many of them here in the forum- they can be found under the Meditation Tag):

The Eclectic Green Witchery

Thanks for sharing your recommendations, @chaitea43! :heart::blush:

6 Likes

I am enjoying these 2 books.

5 Likes

A “coloring Book of Shadows” sounds really fun- and they both look like great topics for books! :heart_eyes: I hope you continue to enjoy them, @crystal5 :two_hearts: :open_book:

2 Likes

I really like Alwyn Oak. She’s very talented and sweet. She makes her own music.
Her videos are very relaxing and I love her music!

Check her out! She is a fairy oak witch :fairy:

6 Likes

I took the quiz and just have to comment… I’ve been feeling kinda lost and stuck in my craft and my life, and the result I got… it really went deep and called me out in a very affirming way! Feeling more in alignment with my life’s purpose and my own soul again. Thank you so much for this recommendation :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The archetype I got from the test was called Vein of Gold. It corresponds with going deep into the soul and the psyche, and seeing light where others only see darkness. And being able to help people reconnect to both their souls and their bodies, and bringing more awareness to places that need it the most. As someone who aspires to become a tantric bodyworker this is very affirming :relaxed:

And as to why I’ve been feeling so stagnant… I might have found an answer too! :smiley_cat:

In the five element, five spirit system, the po spirits are messengers. There is movement here. It is a tenet of Chinese medicine that when there is free flow, there is no pain. So it’s important that you keep an element of movement in your life—literal physical movement, but also moving through ideas and exploring new concepts, exploring new things. Because sometimes with this archetype, which does have a lot of yin to it, it can start to feel like you get a little bit bogged down, and the slowness might bring down your mood—even resulting in things like depression or stagnancy. So keeping movement there will keep your perceptions flowing.

I remember my tantra and yoga teacher point out how it works in her life, she also needs some yang to balance and nourish the yin, which is pretty much the essence of her classes. However, she has her schedule very full and she is always planning and travelling, and the hecticness it creates is actually something that activates her and gives her life! That sounded very strange to me as the creature of comfort that I am, but I understand it a little better now. :smile:

Just need to let my Shakti flow and beautiful magick will happen~ :dancer::fire::heart::snake:

5 Likes

Wow, I’m so happy that her quiz helped you so much! I also found mine super accurate and resonating. At first it may be baes to swallow some changes we havw to make, but i think seep down we already knew what they were. The quiz is just the lil push needed.

I found the archetypes and quiz results to be so in depth and so unique. I regularly go back to my results to remind myself what it says and how to implement the advice there.

Wishing you the best on your path! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:

5 Likes

I was pleasantly surprised to get like a 20 minute recording for the archetype I got, with a transcript and everything! She clearly puts a lot of love into it and I appreciate that. The result was a nice mix of already familiar and loved parts of myself, others that I recognize I haven’t been giving the attention they deserve, and even a few completely new ones. Like a phone call from my higher self or something :blush: It’s definitely good to get back to them once in a while and check in with ourselves, see where we are now, what is our story today and is it different from yesterday. Wishing you the best on your path too and lots of love! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pray:

5 Likes