Rosemary-Asiago Whole-Wheat Pull-Apart Rolls

Rosemary-Asiago Whole-Wheat Pull-Apart Rolls

active: 25 mins
total: 3 hrs 15 mins
Yield: Serves 12 (serving size: 1 roll)

Ingredients:

1 pkg. dry yeast (about 2 1/4 tsp.)
3 tablespoons warm 1% low-fat milk (100°F to 110°F)
1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 tablespoon sugar
2 large eggs
¼ cup grated Asiago cheese
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
4 ½ ounces of all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
4 ounces white whole-wheat flour (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Cooking spray
2 teaspoons water
1 large egg yolk
2 tablespoons grated Asiago

Directions

Step 1

Dissolve yeast in warm milk in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; let stand for 5 minutes. Add butter, sugar, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese, and rosemary to the milk mixture; beat at low speed for 1 minute or until combined. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Add half of the flour mixture to the milk mixture; beat at low speed until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed. Remove the paddle attachment; insert the dough hook. Add the remaining half of the flour mixture; beat at medium-low speed for 4 minutes or until combined.

Step 2

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface; knead for 5 minutes or until smooth. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°F), free from drafts, for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until doubled in size. (Gently press 2 fingers into the dough. If indentation remains, it has risen enough).

Step 3

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 12 equal portions. Working with 1 portion at a time (cover remaining pieces to avoid drying), gently roll into a smooth ball. Place rolls in a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray, leaving space between rolls. Cover and let rise for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until almost doubled in size.

Step 4

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Step 5

Combine 2 teaspoons water and egg yolk in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Brush rolls with egg mixture; discard remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of grated Asiago over the rolls. Bake for 13 minutes or until golden. Place pan on a wire rack; cool for 5 minutes. Remove sides from pan; cool completely.

Nutrition:

Per Serving:
122 calories; fat 4.2g; saturated fat 2g; mono fat 0.9g; poly fat 0.3g; protein 5g; carbohydrates 16g; fiber 1g; cholesterol 54mg; iron 1mg; sodium 209mg; calcium 46mg; sugars 1g; added sugar 1g.

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

6 Likes

This used to be one of my favorites :frowning_face: I wish I could, but the GF flour doesn’t make good rolls. Thanks for sharing @Amethyst :heart:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m not too well read on GF recipes but I did find this one that looks good and has all sorts of notes to go with it. Maybe you can still have those rolls!

3 Likes

@Amethyst
Thank you so much! That looks really good! :pray: :people_hugging: :heart:

3 Likes

Oh this sounds so delicious, my mouth is watering lol :laughing:

3 Likes

Anyone else getting a crazy craving for rolls fresh out of the oven? :drooling_face: :bread: :revolving_hearts:

These sound delicious, @Amethyst- thank you for the recipe! :heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope you’re able to enjoy them!

Don’t they look good? And rosemary and asiago? My mouth is joining yours in watering! LOL!

ME! LOL! I wish I could bake like I used to. It’s no fun just to have Sally do it. Glad you liked the recipe though!

4 Likes