Rough vs Tumbled

10 Likes

Thanks for the read.

I actually put on a new quartz necklace I’ve gotten this morning when I got up and it feels pretty good.
I would have to agree with this article for the most part. The necklace I’m wearing definitely has a polished stone in it. I am slowly beginning to work magick with stones more often. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hmm, that’s interesting. I’ve never really thought of the differences, honestly. Maybe I should sit with both my amethyst cluster and my tumbled amethyst and see if I can tell a difference. I’ve got a clear quartz cluster and tumbled stone I could do the same thing with :thinking:

8 Likes

That’s a wonderful idea! Make sure to rub your hands first so you can feel the energy better! Let me know what happens.

7 Likes

I have a quartz necklace and I love mine too! It helps balance you and clears your aura. It’s like a tune up for the chakras!! Lol

8 Likes

I have a lot of both… rough & tumbled. I love them all though. I have never thought about a difference between them though. Interesting. I will have to do the same & sit with some rough & tumbled stones & see if there is a difference!

7 Likes

Now that I’m thinking about it, I usually tend to prefer tumbled stones- purely based on personal aesthetics. I love how the smooth stones feel and I really love “worry stones” to reduce stress :relaxed:

But it’s interesting to consider the different energies each type of stone has :thinking: Gonna have to explore this more- thanks so much for sharing the thought-provoking article, @Christina4! :heart:

7 Likes

Always here to help :sweat_smile:
Tumbles are beautifully aesthetic wise, I’ll agree to that!

7 Likes

@christina4
There’s a certain order to tumbled stones as compared to raw whose surface is chaotic.
Being OCD, I like tumbled stones but to be honest, I like raw stones too.
Blessings
Garnet

8 Likes

I prefer rough. I guess bc i mine my own. But dont get me wrong tumbled are awesome too. I have my own rock tumbler even. But ive always been drawn to the rough tho.

7 Likes

Rich and I used to go panning for gold in the mt. N.C. I’d buy a bucket of dirt rinse it out and Voila! Tumbled stones. I thought they came that way until Rich enlightened me.
Garnet

7 Likes

Lol thats awesome

6 Likes

What an interesting question! I think it depends on you, your preference, and your purpose. What feels good and right at the moment. The article sums up nicely with.
“It’s natural that sifting through the opinions of many people brings a variety of experiences. Still, it’s important to remember that crystal energy exists in rough, polished, and tumbled stones. The more natural the form, the more direct the transmission of that energy. Unsurprisingly, people tend to feel more raw power coming from rough stones. But in some circumstances, softer energy is more appropriate. And sometimes other considerations, such as toxicity, make tumbled stones the better choice. They contain a buffer between the raw nature of the stone and the practical realities of human needs.”

6 Likes

When I want a Crystal in my pocket or for my jewelry- tumbled and polished is usually best.

One of my favorite crystals is a rough amethyst with many small points!

6 Likes

Rough has a more pure energy. Just my experience and i thought I’d share the blog my teacher made about that.

6 Likes