'Round the Cauldron Podcast 🤑 Ep. 118 The Commodification of Witchcraft

I saw something recently that really got under my skin and I wanted to talk about it but I didn’t want to do it alone. So I did the next best thing! I invited a friend of mine, Betty, better known as The Witch from the North on social media, to come on the show with me and talk about the commodification of witchcraft and spirituality. We dig into why our community gets inundated with ads, products, and things we supposedly need. We talk about how this is harmful to the wider spiritual community but that it’s also been a bit helpful. We also give our own perspectives on what we think can be done to break out of the cycle of consumerism within our practices.

There are two ways to listen :heart:

YouTube Video → Episode 118: The Commodification of Witchcraft with The Witch from the North [CC] - YouTube

Your favorite podcast app! (Or Anchor.fm) → Episode 118: The Commodification of Witchcraft with Betty-Ann by 'Round the Cauldron

8 Likes

It took me a minute to understand what “commodification” is. My brain kept trying to read it as something about commodes. :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Oh geez hahaha sorry!!

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing this, I’m going to listen to it today. :smiley: :smiley:

6 Likes

Of course! Thanks for listening :heart:

3 Likes