Round Two ding ding!

Hi all, so a few months back I tried to keep a few indoor herbs :herb: and it didn’t go so well and my kittens repeatedly knocked them down. Out of 7 herbs (rosemary, Sage, Coriander, thyme, parsley, basil and mint), only thyme and sage survived. So I went to my local plant store and brought the same plants which passed. Only I forgot the rosemary and doubled on the thyme which is doing really well considering all things. Here’s a pic…Fingers crossed this time since my kittens have grown up and live outdoors now, they will thrive :blush: will get some rosemary the next time I pass there as what’s a witch without protection :wink:

8 Likes

Good luck! :herb: :crossed_fingers:

It looks like they’re doing great right now - hopefully it stays that way!

7 Likes

Hi @TheMuslimWitch I suggest also separating them into different pots since their water needs are a bit different. Thyme, garden sage and mint are very hearty. The mint will take over the other space/plants, for sure put it in it’s own container. The others are more finicky and you need to follow the water and light and humidity instructions more rigorous. Good luck!! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Best of luck my dear! I can either keep kids alive or plants alive. There is no middle ground. So… I’ll cheer you on from over here!

7 Likes

Thank you I have been researching just that and will seperate them :blush:

5 Likes

Aw good luck! I haven’t had much luck myself with plants. I’m rooting for you (haha… plant pun :grin:)

6 Likes

Thanks. In addition my partner has gotten me another bamboo plant (that’s 2 now), and a orchid flower plant as well as some marigolds and petunias. Fingers crossed they live. I have learned not to over water them and check how often to water then according to research… :blush:

6 Likes

I had a rosemary that died two weeks before I planted! I’m not good taking care of plants u.u

6 Likes

Well i do not know yet whether i am good at looking after plants as this is a first real attempt (without bird to eat them or cats using it as their litter tray). I guess we must try, try again! I just feel bad for the little buggers as they have feelings. I was thinking yesterday that when i take them out of their small pot into the bigger one, they must be screaming! Something similar to the scene in Harry Potter where the the kids pull out the Mandrake :laughing:

6 Likes

Beautiful!

5 Likes

I’ve also brought mine in for the winter to see if I can get them to thrive inside. I feel like they’re having a hard time getting enough light through the window. Any suggestions?

6 Likes

Well here it is the last month of spring. Maybe a mini herb shelter or some artificial lighting if you want to keep them there :blush:

5 Likes

@August_Wandering Yes! I use these indoor plant lights - but there are many different styles you can buy, smaller, larger - halo, stick. Just look up the water, soil heat, and light requirements and you should be good!

GooingTop LED Grow Light,6000K Full Spectrum Clip Plant Growing Lamp with White Red LEDs for Indoor Plants,5-Level Dimmable,Auto On Off Timing 4 8 12Hrs https://a.co/d/j7cetFd

6 Likes

Fabulous! Thanks for the tips!!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.