Rune Wisdom Learning

I am going to be drawing a Rune from my new set each morning and spending that day doing a little researching/meditating on the meaning of that Rune. If anyone wants to join me they are more than welcome :slight_smile: Here is the picture of the Rune I drew this morning

Rune name: Gebo

Ill be back on this post later tonight to add what I found out or what I felt from the Rune :heartpulse:
Happy Monday Everyone
:heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

Information gathered and Intuition felt :nerd_face:
Other historical names: Gifu, Gyfu
English letter association: G
Pronunciation: Gai-boo
Rune number: 7
Polarity: Both Male and Female
Colour associations: Blue, Deep blue, Deep green
Elemental associations: Air, Water
Crystal associations: Opal, Jade
Diety associations: Odin, Sif, Gefu
Herbal associations: Apple, Wild Pansy
Tree associations: Elm, Ash
Astrological associations: Venus, Pisces
Tarot associations: Lovers, Temperance
Magical uses: Love, sex, harmonious relationships of all kinds, connect with divine energies, boost magical energy and ability.
Keywords: Gift, harmony, exchange, generosity, friendship, talents/abilities, hospitality, loyalty.
I’m going to copy and paste 4 passages from Lisa Chamberlain’s book Runes for Beginners ( it’s one of the books i tagged on @christina4’s post about the Runes) so that everyone can get a feel of the Rune’s meaning:
“Gebo is the rune of gifts and generosity. Primarily, it signifies an exchange
between people that necessarily results in a connection between the giver and
receiver. Drawing Gebo often indicates that you are receiving a gift, which may
be material in nature or something intangible, such as emotional support.”

“A related interpretation for Gebo is success and harmony in partnerships. All
relationships, whether personal or professional, involve reciprocity to some
degree. Drawing this rune indicates that a relationship in your life is blessed with
good fortune. With business partners or coworkers, this may mean that a synergy
between you leads to productive, enjoyable work. In romance, you may
experience a deepening of commitment and passion with your partner.”

“Depending on the context of the reading, Gebo may be advising you to accept
wholeheartedly with gratitude or to be wary of the motivations behind the gift.
Alternatively, you may be asked to consider your own giving—are you
reciprocating sufficiently to honour what you’ve received? Are you giving away
too much, to too many, or to the wrong people?”

“Additional Meanings
Gebo can also refer to gifts from the higher realms, particularly in the context of
skills and talents. You may discover a new passion that you have a natural ability
for, or further, develop a talent you are already pursuing. Drawing this rune is a
message of encouragement to keep making the most of what you have been given
in order to make your mark on the world.”

I really resonated with Rune as I pondered on it today, I felt like it was pretty fitting for how the last month has been for me. I found this Coven (emotional support/shared knowledge and family) I have received some gifts from friends in return for helping them ( gift exchange and friendship) and all of these events has led to bonds, love, harmony and spiritual enlightening :heartpulse:

Source Credit
Chamberlain, Lisa. Runes for Beginners: A Guide to Reading Runes in Divination, Rune Magic, and the Meaning of the Elder Futhark Runes , Chamberlain Publications, Santa Barbara, CA, 2018.

9 Likes

What a good idea! I’ve tired to connect to runes but always have problems with them, I just don’t get it like I do tarot. Maybe I’ll try again!

7 Likes

Yes yes yes!!! I’m so new. I bought my first set and don’t have a clue as to what I’m doing so bless you!!! :green_heart::orange_heart: Oh btw, do I need a casting board???

6 Likes

This is a great idea, I’d love to join in but this week is going to a busy one. I’ll definitely be following along.
:blush:

6 Likes

I think you only really need one if you are learning the Rune spreads or if you are casting the Runes the old fashioned way by letting them fall from the bag onto the board, where they land on the board has significance but I don’t know my way around the boards and mats yet. I just draw the number of Rune’s I want for a spread and lay them down :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

4 Likes

@Rowan @Amethyst @christina4 there are 24 Runes so ill be here for the next 23 days :heartpulse: also, question? Is it better if I just add each Rune draw to this post or make a new post for each one? Thye are quite long lol :heartpulse:

5 Likes

I’d say make a new post, like I do for my tarot poems. But that’s just me.

4 Likes

Whatever is easier for you, I just recently got a set of Runes and I’m trying to learn them. So this is a big help.
:grin:
Thank you

4 Likes

This is a great exercise in my learning of the Runes. Thanks for this challenge, Lisa!

8 Likes

Thank you all :heartpulse: I had fun doing this wee challenge :smiley: Today’s Rune incoming :nerd_face: :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

4 Likes

This is amazing, @Liisa! Congrats on your journey into Rune Magick :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much for putting this information together- I’m really looking forward to experiencing the 24 runes with you! :hearts: :raised_hands:

Agreeing with Amethyst- feel free to make a new post for each rune! That will help to give each one its moment in the spotlight and make it easy for users to quickly locate any rune in particular to study :open_book: :blush:

6 Likes

@Francisco I love your Rune journal and you’re welcome :heart_eyes: @BryWisteria Thank I’ve been having fun doing it :slight_smile: :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Thank you!!! I already started. I’ll post a picture later bc I have a busy morning.

4 Likes

Agreed each one needs their spotlight with slow learners like me :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

No problem at all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s been helping me learn as well spending a day at a time on each Rune :heartpulse:

5 Likes