Samhain preparations

I realise it’s not even October yet, but I love Halloween and I’m very excited for my first Samhain as a witch.

I’ve started my prep by making a crochet pumpkin…

Has anyone else started their prep yet?

19 Likes

I am excited as well. Will be my first as a witch also. With Mabon in the rear view mirror I am ready to go as well.

11 Likes

On October 13 I’m going to be in Salem, MA then we will finish our decorations for the rest of the house & our ancestors that weekend. So right now we are planning Sakem.

I do have some autumn themed things up on my calendar & secretary’s desk. I have a witch sign to put on my bedroom door too.

12 Likes

AHH I love this! Its so cute :heart_eyes: :jack_o_lantern:

12 Likes

I love your little pumpkin! It’s so cute!

Unfortunately, the last time I moved I moved into an apartment with no space to store things and I don’t have the cash for storage space. So I had to give up my boxes of Halloween, fall, spring, and yule decorations, some of which I had for years. It’s all very depressing. I have a few things, but nothing like my previous collection.

I’d love to go to the dollar store and get some new things to replace them but, again, no place to store them. So I’ll make do with what I’ve got, a witch, a pumpkin and skull on my altar.

12 Likes

Ahhhhh! I lalalalove the pumpkin @IrisW. May I ask if and where you found a pattern for it. I would love to do one for my altar and offer it to Frigg because she is a goddess of domestic arts

11 Likes

Here’s the website with the pattern and it includes a YouTube video. Apologies that the ads are a little annoying.

I decided against adding the eyes and mouth as I just wanted a traditional pumpkin.

11 Likes

Oh sooooo cute and so talented… I also love Halloween however it falls in Beltane here in Australia…

11 Likes

I was literally thinking about making a crochet pumpkin yesterday! This is soo cute :jack_o_lantern:

Also, no, I haven’t started my prep yet. I’ve got ideas floating around in my head but nothing concrete yet. I did however, create an IG Samhain challenge that’ll start on October 1st :laughing:

12 Likes

Lucky of you!!! You can visit The Satanic Temple headquarters that is located in 64 Bridge Street
Salem, MA
Phone # 857-523-2200
It has a art gallery and the famous 8½ foot-tall bronze Baphomet statue. That even The chilling adventures of Sabrina Baphomet had a controversy of copyright.

8 Likes

I am in love with that pumpkin, @IrisW :jack_o_lantern: :two_hearts: It turned out beautiful- you make it look so easy! Thanks for sharing and wishing you a happy start to your Samhain preparations :blush:

I’ve heard about that statue, @pedros10! Always wanted to see it, but never got the chance. No idea when I’ll be back in Salem next, but it’s on the to-do list. I hope you’ll get the chance to see it for yourself someday too! :pray::two_hearts:

10 Likes

Oh how cute!!! I love that little guy! I did however start getting ready for Samhain! I have some decorations. And altar ideas.

9 Likes

Oh thank you for the information. I will have to see if it near our walking area for the history. Or maybe we will just do our own thing. I will look into it though!

8 Likes

I love your pumpkin… I’m Excited this is my first year celebrating Samhain. I’m loving my new witch life💜

7 Likes

Have another one, don’t know if is still open though. Witch Lori Bruno shop called Magika, 107 Federal street.

4 Likes

I can put it on my GPS! No harm in trying!

4 Likes

Do you have to decorate to celebrate? I’m not a huge decorator and I don’t like to spend a lot on decorating. A few things for my table. I guess I’m asking if the decorating is part of the celebration or can it be just more spiritual?

6 Likes

No you don’t. It can be spiritual and should be spiritual foremost.

For me its spiritual, and if anything I’m more inclined to make an offering in my offering bowl to celebrate with maybe an item or 2 to represent the time of year.

Tem

7 Likes

I adore that pumpkin. I just want to squeeze it! I am so excited for Samhain. I bought Amy Cesari’s “Season of the Witch” and it is full of Samhain celebration ideas. One of them was in making a pie, before filling it, putting a sigil in the crust :slight_smile: I plan to create an ofrenda style altar to honor my ancestors and I am sewing a new altar cloth. I have not done any pendulum work before so I am saving that for Samhain and am deciding about what rituals I want to try, maybe some divination or spirit contact!

6 Likes

I read there is a large Wiccan community in Salem! I had planned to go in September but I had this big court thing so I cancelled my train reservation. Next year, I hope. It just looks amazing. If you take pictures, would love to see them!

6 Likes