Seeing multiple moons (reflections of the moon in the sky)

During the full moon on Dec. 26, I was indoors and gazing at the full moon unobscured through a window (no cloud cover, no trees or building in the way) while I was doing the Full Cold Moon ritual.

During this time I saw the full moon and then three additional moons reflected off of it to the left and below the moon, slightly less bright. They were lined up in a straight line. I know this can be an aspect of the gazing through a window, rather than looking at the moon directly outside. But is this also seen as a sign of something and is the number of moons seen as anything? I don’t recall seeing multiple moons in the past, although it is possible I have never much paid attention. Just wondering. :astrology_moon:

10 Likes

Sometimes things are mundane, sometimes they are magickal signs, and sometimes they might be a mix of both- the reflection may be caused by the light through the window, but if you felt it had power and a message for you, then I would warmly say to trust your intuition! :sparkles:

Three is a very powerful number in magick and spirituality. From symbols of triplicity to gatherings of three, it is a number with many possible meanings:

In this case, since it appeared as three moons, it may be a symbol of a Triple Moon Deity. There are few Goddesses associated with triple moons, the first two coming to my mind are the Triple Goddess and Hekate

Perhaps they could be worth looking into to see if there is a connection? I would urge you to keep a sharp eye out for any other potential signs and make note- keeping a list in journal is a good way to keep track! :open_book: :writing_hand:

Blessed be, @BlueAngelite! :triple_moon_goddess: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for all of this research!
I’m connecting to the Triple Goddess and Hecate for meanings and will read more up on these.

5 Likes

I’m happy if it was helpful for you, @BlueAngelite! :heart:

Awesome! Wishing you all the best as you learn about and connect with these deities- blessed studies! :books: :sparkles: :blush:

4 Likes