Selene- My Favourite Goddess

Great information!! Thanks for sharing @Abs53 Abs!!!

Your altar is looking wonderful! :full_moon: :sparkles:

Adding some picture of Selene for insipration:

Selene_and_Endymion (1)
Selene and Endymion via Wikipedia

Selene Goddess (1)

Selene via rfgoddesses

4 Likes

Thanks @Francisco! I love the second one :heart_eyes: am going to try and find something similar for my bedroom! :heart:

3 Likes

Selene is a beautiful Goddess, and I am grateful for the lovely introduction to her! :full_moon::sparkles:

This is really nice- it makes me feel like she is a friendly and welcoming deity :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And she likes jasmine too!!! I love jasmine- I wear it as one of my favorite perfumes :white_flower::two_hearts:

Thank you so much for sharing your Goddess, @Abs53! I really enjoyed learning about Selene :full_moon::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I don’t personally work with the Greek pantheon, but I always find their stories so fascinating :crescent_moon: thank you for sharing!

Most know that I honor Brighid regularly - an Irish Goddess with many aspects. She is extremely important to me and lives in my daily life :fire:

3 Likes

Thanks for the link, that was lovely to read through.

My paternal side are all Irish, from Killkenny :green_heart:

2 Likes

@Francisco ! @BryWisteria!

My new journal arrived today and its lovely! The quality is fab! :sparkles: Can’t wait to start using it :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Nice!! It would make a wonderful dream journal!

2 Likes

I love it! :blush: :full_moon:
I’ve been reading about Selene too and listening to the devotional on this site with a white candle and a set of very special items that have found their way to me and feel very much connected to her… a silver coin with very striking trinity sigil on it, a white crystal that I’ve identified as milky quartz from far north where the sun sets for half a year, and a moon goddess pony figurine with wings on her back named Luna :smile_cat:

I can feel her calling to me and I want to answer :crescent_moon: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Excellent!! Definitely sounds like shes calling to you :blush: maybe dedicate an area of your altar to the silver coin, quartz and pony figure in honour of her. Full moon coming up soon too :full_moon: a perfect time to start a new ritual to her :heart: @krista_moon

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly :joy: I’m going to use it as a dream journal and also keep track of my emotions, energy levels, etc around the different phases of the moon :crescent_moon:

3 Likes

The journal is GORGEOUS, @Abs53! :heart_eyes::open_book: And it sounds like you’ve already found a perfect use for it! Enjoy! :sparkles:

Luna sounds beautiful! :blush: It sounds like you already have a lovely collection of special items to make a Selene altar with- uniquely your own! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words @BryWisteria! :blush:
This is how my altar looks right now, the empty space is for opening the window all the way and letting the night air in! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Your altar is coming along beautifully, @CelestiaMoon! :two_hearts: Fresh night air sounds like a great addition to an altar space dedicated to a moon goddess! :full_moon::sparkles:

The wand you have looks gorgeous!!! :heart_eyes: It’s a bit tricky to see in the picture, but does it have a crystal built into the handle? :gem::sparkles:

1 Like

It does, and several smaller ones too! :blush: :gem: :sparkles:

4 Likes

I have just learned that Selenite & Selene are connected, I am still learning about different Deities, and I haven’t decided who to address yet. I always feel good when it’s a bright sunny day, and I love the Spring-Summer-Fall. I seem to feel more down when it’s the height of the winter and fall into a funk. I also like to look at the night sky and the moon in its different phases. I think I will research Selene as I keep Selenite all over my bedroom. There are three lovely sized pieces on my altar, one on my jewelry chest beside it, & another one on my nightstand. It seems to make sense that I would have an interest in her and need to do some digging to learn what I can that keeps us connected.

Thank you for the information to start my search. I am learning more each day & enjoying starting my daily practice when I wake up to greet each day.
:heart_decoration:

3 Likes

Ohhhhhh it’s BEAUTIFUL, @CelestiaMoon! :eyes::two_hearts: And I think the silver, blues, and whites are perfect for Selene! :full_moon::sparkles:

It sounds like Selene may be a great goddess for you to connect with- especially if you already feel a connection with the moon and night sky! :milky_way::crescent_moon: Best of luck with your continued research, @Susurrus! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Aww, thank you @BryWisteria! :blush:
I felt an immediate connection when I saw that wand on Etsy!

This is the shop: FairyMeShop on Etsy
They have so many different ones :blush: I’ve heard things about fairies but these ones were nothing but sweet at least! :smile_cat:

This little crescent moon charm also came with the wand, as another little wonderful “coincidence”! :crescent_moon: (or, maybe, as a gift from Selene herself? :white_heart:)

1 Like

So cute, @krista_moon !!! :fairy::crescent_moon: Hahaha that’s a lot of “coincidences”- seems like your altar is coming together as if it was meant to be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkles:

1 Like

Oh is that ever pretty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:! Look at that crystal!!!

2 Likes

Great post! :slight_smile:

2 Likes