Self-initiation tonight, help!

Hi everyone, so tonight is the night! I have decided tonight I want no I need to self-initiate and I have been waiting for the right time and tonight feels like it is the right time! So I have 4 kids and a dependant husband :roll_eyes:, and I have decided to do this outside in my luscious green backyard around 1am when everyone is in bed and there won’t be any distractions. I just wanted to know since tonight where is am is a new moon is this the right time? I had been putting it off as I wanted to know more about Wicca and Witchcraft before I promised myself anything and I now know I am more devoted to witchcraft than ever. Here it is complete lockdown so I did not have any tools I felt I needed ( i now have the bear minimum). So any suggestions? Like how do I bathe before hand? Is there a certain type I need to do in order to cleanse myself? I don’t know if any of this matters, but I washed and centred a beautiful table we have and hand washed a red table cloth I felt would be just right. Also here in Australia it is currently the 7th day of spring… so any suggestions would help…
Oh also I have cleansed my tools just so you know.

7 Likes

Sounds like you’re doing fine!! It’s going to be nerve wracking and you’ll probably be anxious but take a deep breath. You’ve got this! I hope that it goes/went well!!! And congratulations!!

6 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got this! Trust your gut, it won’t steer you too wrong! LOL. And congratulations!

5 Likes

Thank you guys, I actually am able to start a little earlier than expected and yes I am a bit anxious as it means so much to me… I feel more nervous than when I committed to marry however this time isn’t about cold feet, rather I want to do it right. And yes I have reminded myself many times to breathe…. Fingers crossed all goes well :relaxed::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

So excited for you! And yes like the others said, trust your gut, if it feels right, then it is! I did mine this past full moon and it was perfect for me and don’t be surprised if you get emotional, it’s like becoming the “you” you’re meant to be :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

It sounds like everything was in line and you had what you needed, @TheMuslimWitch- all that was left was to put things in motion! :blush: I hope your self-initiation went very well for you and that you found your confidence during the ritual. Please let us know how it went!

Many blessings! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

thanks @TheTravelWitch. Yes it all went to plan and it was a very moving and important time for me in my life… Only few hiccups like my book of shadows slid off the table (printed pages from speels8 are all in plastic sheets) so i had to out it together before i took a bath, my pet rabbit Oreo got freaked out moving in the hutch and startled me (i thought it was a snake), and my daughter just before closing off the circle found out where i was so i had to ask her for some privacy. Asides from that, it went more smoothly than expected and i even got some pics to remind myself of this day in my Grimoire. Thanks for all the support :blush:

4 Likes

I just saw in your other thread (It’s Official! I am a WITCH!) about the self-initiation details- congrats again to you, @TheMuslimWitch! :blush::heart:

Like many things in life, it’s okay if a ritual doesn’t go exactly as planned- the best way to judge is how you feel afterwards, and it sounds like it was a big success! Treasure the memories and enjoy your exciting path ahead- blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes