Shannon Fountain

Ok So I am not only new to this webpage but to Wicca altogether I am 44 a single mom and have two great wonderful children. For years I have been trying and researching different religions and nothing seemed to fit with my beliefs until believe it or not my daughter wanted to learn about Wicca. Before letting her jump right in I did a little research myself. OMG this is where I belong. Now where to start. I have a library of books I am beyond overwhelmed with. I am reading 2-3 at a time and have no clue as to where to start. It is a lot just taking it in and wanting to know everything and jump in right away but I also know that is not how it works. Any suggestion?

10 Likes

Merry meet @shannon31!

It sounds like our paths into the Craft are quite similiar- I studied cultural studies in university and loved learning about various religions. But although they are all fascinating in their own way, there really is something that feels like coming home to the Craft! :sparkles::blush:

I think you’re doing awesome with your studies- researching is a great way to find what calls to you (and, arguably just as important, what doesn’t call to you)! As for jumping in- I think it’s safe to say you’ve already done a great job easing into the materials with your reading- if you feel ready to get started with spellwork, I say go for it! :blush:

If you’re still not quite sure, I recommend taking a look at the Spellcasting 101 Guide- it has information to help you get started on your first spells :magic_wand:

Spellcasting-online-course-360x240

Please know that if you need any help, have any questions, or just want some support and encouragement from fellow magick-lovers, your coven is here for you! Please make yourself at home :infinite_roots: :heart:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Hi @shannon31! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m so glad you joined us. How old are your witchlings? It’s great that you researched before letting your daughter into it, that shows you’re a great Mom!

A good way to get started is with a daily ritual. At least for me but then again I don’t have any kids to wrangle so I have the time to do it. But the Daily Devotional and the Lunar Spell for Today might give you an idea of where to start.

That’s what’s so great about pagan religions. There’s not one book or set way of doing it so you get to make up your own rituals in the time you have. Meditate over your coffee or light a candle before bed. It’s all good.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you better!

6 Likes

Hi @shannon31, I’m an electic practitioner in Harpers Ferry, WV. Welcome!

There is no time limit or final exam. You don’t have to be a sponge and absorb it all at once. The Spells8 courses provide a good overview, and from there you can dive deeper into whatever calls you. Add a little here and there, and Amethyst is right about a daily ritual. It can be something small to start. No need to overwhelm yourself. We’ve all been there, feel free to ask if you have questions!

5 Likes

@shannon31
Sweet, Sweet girl, I spent most of my life in automation, doing what’s expected of me. Good girl, Good career, great kid, blah, blah, blah. It was like I was on the outside looking at this robot that looked like me but she had no fire, no desires of her own. I never regretted it. I met all the goals I had set for myself by the time I was 30. Then…What now?

So I danced through the next 20 years doing what I wanted, saying what I wanted, and being what I wanted.

Religion failed me at a young age, or perhaps I failed it, but the truth is that organized religion wasn’t fitting my needs. I could not believe in a vengeful God and most of the ‘rules’ worked fine 2,000 years ago…ha, not now. Then I had an epiphany, “How could there be A God without a Goddess?”

So in my search for the truth, I found Spells8 and MY truth.
We welcome you with love and kindness. Any questions, check Q&A, or go to Forum and ask.

Blessed be
Garnet

4 Likes

Thank you. My little one is 12 but she is definitely an old soul. and I will definitely check out the Daily Devotional

5 Likes

Thank you it means a lot knowing I have other there to help guide me on this journey if I ever feel lost or not sure where to go or what to do.

5 Likes

Thank you. I feel at home more now then I ever have with everyone so helpful and caring. More so then my blood family

5 Likes

I will definitely check that out thank you for all of your help seriously. I am not used to people being nice unless they want something from me

5 Likes

It’s my pleasure, Shannon- I’m really happy if I could help! :heart:

I’m sorry for how others may have treated you in the past- but after a few years in the forum, I can confidently say that you will find plenty of love, light, and support around here :handshake: Make yourself at home, my friend! :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! And 12 is just such a cute age, when they aren’t showing their growing pains. LOL!

4 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @shannon31

I’m Marsha, an eclectic witch from Colorado, and it’s nice to meet you, Shannon! There is a lot of information here on Spells8, and it can be overwhelming, take your time, and you will find your path. Everyone’s friendly and helpful here, so if you need help, just reach out! We are here for you!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy:

4 Likes