Smells like Witchcraft,

Silly. But a little informative.

I think that dismissing the effect that women can have on men as misogyny is a step too far and a complete denial of the workings of the male sex drive. Blaming women for feelings of lust and attraction and worse still, a man’s unwanted sexual behavior and attention, and actually suggesting that those attraction effects are deliberately malignant is also 100% raven dung. The truth, as usual, makes its home between the extremes. Just my opinion.

8 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about this article it’s a bit… askew seems like a good word. I use scents based on what I am working on or their correspondences relating to sabbats or the home. I’m also not the type to wear perfumes. I use & blend incense or essential oils or make simmer pots.

Thank you for sharing, it’s always interesting around this time of year to see which stories will be around regarding witches & their practices.

The Nirvana reference didn’t go unnoticed either :joy:

9 Likes

Yeah, it could have been a much better article. Not a bad idea to keep tabs on what the Normies think of us, though. :grin::grin:

4 Likes

I liked that the author cited plenty of academic sources so there’s a lot of reading to do besides that one article.

There’s no doubt that perfumes affect both men and women. It’s been proven that “Odors take a direct route to the limbic system, including the amygdala and the hippocampus, the regions related to emotion and memory” (Harvard News)

But yes, I really didn’t like the dismissive tone, towards perfumes and their effects, but also towards Greco-Roman myths, treating them as mere fiction.

7 Likes

This one has a better tone. Hmmm, I seem to be getting a lots of witchcraft articles in my feed.

“Homeowners will gasp at the spell-binding savings” from my mortgage company. Lol, what the hell!

5 Likes

That one caught me by surprise :rofl:

I agree that I see witch-related news posts more often. But it’s hard to tell if they’re taylored to my preferences or if everyone else is reading them. That would be nice!

I use mostly Google News for that so I think Google just looks at my browsing history. :mage:

4 Likes