Snuffing Out, or Blowing Out a Candle?

@CelestiaMoon I blow candles out the same way you do. My lungs don’t hold very much air. Lol!

7 Likes

It could be! I have definitely stepped on a Lego before :joy: it’s more of a surprise because you don’t expect it to be there. I tend to walk with my eyes to the ground so I don’t step on anything that shouldn’t be there – the joys of having pets and a child – but I have blown too hard on a candle and sent wax in directions it should’t have gone :laughing:

7 Likes

I second that. I just thought before reading this blowing out a candle was rude and snuffing was more respectful if i make sense, but now i am swinging the other way… Thanks for this little brain teaser :blush:

8 Likes

What is more precious to us that the very air we breathe right? Why not share that gift as you said :blush:

8 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I know right like what is your mission are you the big bad wold from the three little pigs story? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I am like you gentle as they come when blowing out candles. I even miss a few on birthdays i do it so gracefully :blush: (*coming from someone mentally imagining spit from the kids on the cake from their birthday party)lol

8 Likes

:laughing: Oh no need to worry i am the worst with wax… You should seen my altar cloth and even my floor. I am left to scrap it off thanks to my clumsiness :woman_facepalming: :blush:

8 Likes

I like your idea of using a cinnamon stick. Thanks for sharing!

9 Likes

I love this! :rofl:

7 Likes

:rofl:

Same. It’s one of those things I didn’t really question or give more thought to until this post.

I love your honesty. I still feel like I forget sometimes to just follow my intention with my practice. I get stuck sometimes with how I think things should be done and then I start to second guess everything. If I’d just trust myself, I wouldn’t struggle so much! Thank you for the reminder :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s definitely the hardest part about the path of witchcraft and paganism – we don’t have anyone to teach us “the right way” (which doesn’t necessarily exist lol) that we have to learn how to do everything ourselves!

6 Likes

Hello Everyone! This my first post and I had to share. I snuff out my candles with my fingers. Mostly because that is what was taught to me by my mother. So it’s more of a tradition for me. The only candles I blow out are the ones on my birthday cake and that is quite a task.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @angela46 :wave: :tada:

I just wanted to say that I love how you’ve carried this tradition with you from your mother :heart: this is my hope with my own child - carrying on traditions, wisdom, and magic from one generation to the next!

6 Likes