Sometimes ya just gotta laugh until you have tears in your eyes

Sometimes ya just gotta walk away and laugh with tears in your eyes…had a convo with a staunch Christian friend, and they saw my ancestor altar. they asked me what it was and I told them and they immediately said, “Oh no we don’t do anything like that, that is not good!That is paganism”
I said, “really??? What do you call it when someone dies and you put up a big beautiful headstone, go several times a year and place flowers on it, and go there to talk when you are bummed??” end of convo… :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

And that’s when you turn her into a newt! :lizard: :laughing:

Here’s a quote by Eliphas Levi:

“Religion is Magic sanctioned by authority”

3 Likes

Your Christian friend might be surprised to learn that many of the main Christian holidays were originally adapted from Pagan traditions! The ties between Yule and Christmas come to mind, and it looks like ABC news also has an article about The Origin of Easter- Easter was adapted from Ostara!

Even if she didn’t see eye-to-eye with you this time, I bet you planted a seed of thought in her mind. Hopefully she will be more open to new ideas and the traditions of others in the future! :blush:

2 Likes

Well done Roxanne! :joy: :+1: How funny that she said “that is paganism” as if that was something bad… :woman_facepalming:

That’s a beautiful quote Francisco!

3 Likes