Spell Ingredient Question

You could write it…or you could look up a spell that is already written and tweak it or use it for reference. It’s done all the time.

Beginner spells

Other sources can ebooks. Lisa Chamberlin has a couple.

Free ebooks by Lisa Chamberlin

6 Likes

Ok, that sounds like a better plan for now. I can tweak something instead of starting from scratch. Thank you:)

6 Likes

Thank all of you for all your input and advice and reading material options, and basically, just taking the time to respond! It’s been all so helpful:)

5 Likes

@christine13 yes you can sprinkle them on your alter if you like. I usually burn mine in a fire safe bowl or cauldron but do whatever feels right. And yes any herbs you have on hand for banishing will be fine. Your crystal choices and incense will be perfect.

6 Likes

Yes! Burn them in the cauldron sounds more powerful than just sprinkling them out.

5 Likes

Great. It’s what I do anyway. And the amount is different with each person but I go with a very small pinch of the herbs. To much just seems like a waste to me lol.

6 Likes

There was this spell to break a bad habit, it calls for a red and black candle (among other things). It used a red candle for strength and power and the black to send away/banish/repel/riding of negativity which bad habits definitely falls in.

For the chant it reads

Light the red candle. Say, “ Red is the color of strength, red is the color of power. I have the strength to kick this habit, day by day, hour by hour .”

Light the black candle. Say, “ Black is the color that sends things away, and gives me the power to kick this today .”

This may give some ideas.

5 Likes

I made a correspondence chart for myself to connect the meaning and purpose of various spell elements. You’re welcome to it :slight_smile:
Correspondences Chart.pdf (345.8 KB)

6 Likes

I was just going to mention that!

5 Likes

Whoa! you did all that?! That’s an awesome piece of work! Thank you:)

6 Likes

This is great! Thank you:)

4 Likes

This is a fantastic analogy! I really love this for relating something to spellcrafting. I’m gonna steal it and use it to help explain the process when I need to (if that’s okay, of course lol)

@christine13 It sounds like you’ve got a lot of great advice here! If you plan to do the spell or ritual, please feel free to let us know how it goes!

4 Likes

Yes, I did! And I definitely understand it so much more than I did. And when I do the spell I will definitely let you know how it went! I just need to choose the right time.

4 Likes

Feel free to use it as you wish, but don’t call it stealing. It’s more of a small installment of just repayment for all the wisdom and knowledge you have shared with all of us!

4 Likes

Be sure to write down the spell with your tweaks in your Book of Shadows, because now it is yours.

4 Likes

I wanted to give you the Word file so you could edit it and make it whatever but I can’t upload word docs - sigh :slight_smile: But anyway, yes…I was just going crazy trying to figure it all out so I made the chart. It is helpful when I want to write a spell!

3 Likes