šŸ“š Spells8 Book Club! - Introduction and FAQ

Awesome! Iā€™m in! I hope I can make myself sit down and read ALL THE THINGS

7 Likes

Earth Power: Techniques of Natural Magic
by Scott Cunningham?
(googled and copy and pasted :joy:) I assume you mean this cos I just read the description and put it straight in my basket :rofl: Thanks! :heart:

5 Likes

Yes earth power hahaha jeez im a ditz

6 Likes

HI Witches, Itā€™s Valerie, I am super excited to read a book my husband is leaving for a whole week ! I am ready to read, & get ready for this coming Book Review! Itā€™s something, I actually been thinking about doing for a while online so this will give me some practice. I have not read through a whole book yet. Since, I already read half of the book, I am ahead of the game!! I just wanted you all to know that I am going to participate!! I am not sure what book yet. Yeah sorry to be a bummer but I just relized I didnt lose my opportunity in the book review because I thought it was just a one time thing and look I am so blessed!!
Blessed Be!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

7 Likes

@LimeBerry @Francisco
Never been in a book reading club, do we decide on how many chapters to read at a time? Or just read the book then discuss?

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad you like taking notes and writing the book report, @Amethyst- the last one was really fun to read and I learned a lot! Iā€™m looking forward to your future book reviews :blush:

Loving your enthusiasm, @LimeBerry! :grinning: Iā€™m sure you will find a wonderful book- Iā€™ll have the first club post out on Friday :+1: Everyone is welcome to announce their books here or on the Friday post- feel free to match up and read the same thing as someone else! :books:

Ohhhh nice idea! Have you started the Spiral Dance yet, @Rowan? If so, how do you like it so far? :open_book::two_hearts: Looks like Spiral Dance will have a special discussion topic for you all to share! :grin:

So many great choices, @MeganB! Canā€™t wait to see what you will choose :blush:

Hooray, @andrea_d! I hope you found some interesting books in the free list- thereā€™s a lot to choose from in there :laughing::+1:

Iā€™m so glad youā€™re excited, @Jeannie1 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: No rush, you have some time to choose a book. Do you have any in mind? Check out the free list of witchy ebooks from the description- Iā€™m sure you can find something interesting! :books::blush:

No worries, @Rowan! The goal is to read the whole book in the 3 week reading period, then discuss together and share insights. If you donā€™t finish the book during this time, no stress! There are no punishments for not finishing- many people have busy schedules after all! Feel free to relax and read at your own pace :blue_book::two_hearts:

6 Likes

Thanks darling! It took me a while to get back into it, because itā€™s been an age and a half since I wrote a report. High School was long ago and far away for me. LOL. Iā€™ll do it again, it seems a good way to discuss the book.

4 Likes

Great thank you @BryWisteria.

6 Likes

Set a goal before you begin and then see if you can achieve that goal! For example: āœ“ Read five chapters in 3 weeks

If you think youā€™ll have time, go for the whole book!!

6 Likes

Hahaha I know the feeling, @Amethyst! :laughing: Itā€™s a bit funny, because in High School reading was a chore for me- something forced that I didnā€™t enjoy. Book reports were just more homework. But now, when I can find the time for it, writing and discussing books has become such a pleasure! :blush:

Itā€™s really amazing to experience the magick of a good and enthralling book, and then want to share that with others! :open_book::star_struck:

Youā€™re very welcome, @Rowan! :two_hearts:

And thatā€™s a great plan, @Francisco! For anyone who considers themselves to be a slow reader or has limited time- setting smaller goals by chapter is a wonderful way to move through the book at your own pace :blue_book::blush:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s because youā€™re not reading what theyā€™re making you read. Like Jane Eyre or Huckleberry Finn or some such. I always tried to get my classic books switched to Dracula or Hound of the Baskervilles. Much more fun!

5 Likes

Wow, did they usually let you switch out the required reading for a book you chose? :star_struck: In hindsight, this would have been a fantastic idea- there is so much power in choice!

I feel like, even if the book I had chosen wasnā€™t great, I definitely still would have enjoyed reading it more if it was something I picked for myself :laughing: :blue_book:

4 Likes

This is a Great Idea :heart::pray:

5 Likes

Not always, but I tried. Boy did I try. LOL.

4 Likes

I hope this isnā€™t a stupid question, Iā€™m wondering if the book has to be Wiccan Topic?

5 Likes

So happy you think so, @sandra1! :grin:

Good for you for trying, @Amethyst! And hey- if you got to switch out even just one required book for something fun, then I think it was totally worth it! :laughing:

Not a stupid question at all, @Jeannie1! Your book does not have to be about Wicca- or even directly about any magickal topics. If there is a book that will help to teach or inspire you and your unique practice in some way, then you can absolutely read that book as part of Book Club :books::blush:

Everyone has different beliefs and follows different paths- just like you can choose your own way with magick, so too you can pursue your own book topics :+1: But if someone posts about a book that catches your interest- feel free to read the same book and discuss with them!

6 Likes

I was given Hound of the Baskervilles to read in school. But I think that ruined it for me. I should give it a second read now!

5 Likes

In my opinion, forcing a kid to read something just makes them hate it all the more. Yes, you should give it another try. Itā€™s a fun book. Heck, itā€™s been a while since I read it. Maybe I should read it again too!

5 Likes

I love reading and am so pleased for this! Thank you my lovelies

5 Likes

I have been such a slacker with the reading. I was doing really good & then I donā€™t know what happened. I need to go through my books or find something that sparks my interest & get back to it. Iā€™ll be watching for the next book club reading to start. Iā€™ll start going through my books this week.

5 Likes