šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club I (Oct 16 - Nov 6)

Honestly, I just picked this one so that I would have people to discuss my reading with :rofl: although, even though Iā€™ve been practicing for a while, I still havenā€™t read it so it will be a nice addition to my collection!

4 Likes

Hello @crystal8! From your note in The Spiral Dance Discussion, I hope you donā€™t mind that Iā€™ve added you to the official reading list here :open_book: Happy reading- enjoy!

And thatā€™s a great point, @MeganB! :joy: It can be a lot of fun to read and discuss with others. I hope you enjoy The Spiral Dance too! :blue_book:

4 Likes

Hey all! I am a baby witch! Joined 2 days ago! Been researching all my life it seems and finally decided to take the step to practice. I canā€™t wait to read:

@Limeberry recommended it!

Canā€™t wait to get started!

6 Likes

Sure thing, @Amavi! You have been adding to the reading list with your book. And @wendy4 has been added to the list for The Spiral Dance, as requested!

Happy Reading, everyone! :books::blush:

5 Likes

Thank you for adding me to the list!

4 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome, @Amavi! :blush:

And a potential challenge has appeared for meā€¦ in the form of another book! :laughing:

Book

This one is a fantasy book about magic, although it doesnā€™t look like it will be particularly ā€œwitchyā€. I ordered it a while back when I finished my other book and forgot about it until it arrived :sweat_smile:

Itā€™s pretty tempting, but Iā€™ve already started The Philosophy of Dreams and I can only handle one book at a time- so this one will have to wait! :books:

Anyone else struggling under the weight of ā€œtoo many books, not enough timeā€? :joy:

Hope everyoneā€™s reading is going well! :open_book:

7 Likes

Always!! I think Iā€™m going to start getting digital versions of every book Iā€™m reading so I can read them my phone instead. Sometimes Iā€™m staring blankly at my screen wishing it was one of the books I left in the other room! :laughing:

5 Likes

Too funny, Francisco :laughing: I know the feeling- reading one book but thinking about another one on the to-read list!

More and more books seem to be in a digital-only format, and it certainly cuts back on costs- not to mention digital books are more environmentally friendly :evergreen_tree::truck: I left my Kindle back in the USA when I moved to Europe (what was I thinking!? lol) and it seems to be time to get another one :grin:

3 Likes

I am currently struggling with this affliction. I have a shelf of books and I havenā€™t been able to finish the one I started in September. So I have to get back to it, itā€™s a good book and every time I go back to it, I wonder why I stopped because I enjoy reading it. I am reading the Celtic Gods and Goddesses book though, I already 2 by Scott Cunningham and the Spiral Dance by Starthawk I got more than halfway through and had to put it down. It just took a lot out of me to read it.

5 Likes

Wow, you do indeed have a lot of books on your to-read/ currently-reading list, @Susurrus! :books: Thereā€™s so many good books out there and people keep sharing their favorites as recommendations in the forums- my list keeps growing and growing too :laughing:

3 Likes

The list is never ending. I have a few books on Brigid, a few on crystals, another one by Scott Cunninghamā€¦ those are waiting to be read, so I need to get through this one or at least put a dent in it!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the spirit, @Susurrus! :grin: Youā€™ve got some fun ones lined up- good luck with your books :books: I am sure they are full of interesting knowledge for you to learn and enjoy- if you come across anything interesting, feel free to share! :heart:

Happy reading! :open_book:

3 Likes

Oh manā€¦ :sweat_smile: I cannot get into Spiral Dance. I know thatā€™s the one that Iā€™ve picked but sheesh I think Iā€™m going to have to pick something else. I think if I had a physical copy it would be different so I could actually mark it up and write in it but yikes :cry:

7 Likes

They have it on ThriftBooks for 8.89 with free shipping! :open_book:

I think being able to see how much I have left just by feel and knowing Iā€™m progressing makes reading a lot more fun. Get the physical one!

6 Likes

Iā€™m with Francisco- consider getting the physical copy, @MeganB! Sometimes the paper version is a whole different reading experience than through the screen, and listening to an audiobook is yet another totally separate version! :laughing: Itā€™s all the same words, but they feel different in the various formats.

If it still doesnā€™t click- no worries! You can always switch to another book- thereā€™s no forced reading here! Read what makes you happy :grin::+1:

5 Likes

I think I will, just not yet. I actually just got Temperance Aldenā€™s new book in the mail. Year of the Witch, so Iā€™m excited to dig into that one.

5 Likes

@MeganB I couldnā€™t get into that book either. It just didnā€™t hold my interest long enough to be able to follow it.

5 Likes

I think I might see if the library has it, that way if they do I can try the physical copy and if I still dontā€™ like it, then Iā€™m not out the money for it :rofl:

5 Likes

Oh thatā€™s a great idea, my copy is sitting on the shelf with the bookmark still in it. I just couldnā€™t get into to it save my life!

5 Likes

When in doubt, go to the library! :smiley: Good idea :+1:

4 Likes