đź“– Spells8 Book Club II (Nov 13 - Dec 11)

UPDATE: The deadline for this reading session has been extended to Friday, December 11th.

No stress this holiday season- relax and enjoy your reading! :open_book::two_hearts:

Hello to book lovers near and far!

Thank you to everyone who joined in the first reading session. If you still haven’t shared your book review- no worries! You can do so in Spells8 Book Club- Readers’ Reviews :books:

The reading period for the second session of the Spells8 Book Club has now begun!

For all those who would like to participate, please review the guidelines and FAQ here:

Spells8 Book Club FAQ and Introduction

To get started:

1. Announce your book!
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. The reading period is open for 4 weeks .
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. Share your thoughts!
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. But save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Final Discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

If you have any questions about Book Club, be sure to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

And remember- there is a list of free online witchy ebooks in the previous challenge for anyone unsure what to read! :grin:

Blessed be and happy reading! :open_book::sparkles:

10 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:
Book Title by Author
(@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

(((Please add your book above :arrow_up: Thank you! :blush:)))

NOTE: If you did not finish and are continuing your book from last session- feel free to add it in again here!

8 Likes

I hope I did that right! Yay! New book time! LOL.

6 Likes

I am horribly confused :joy: I’d like to make an entry but where do I put my entry? Here or do I make a completely new post?

7 Likes

@christina4 the post with the list of books is a wiki (meaning you can edit it) so you can add your book in there! :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Dont forget to add your name! :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Ack! Thank you! I forgot! LOL.

6 Likes

Finally got my paws on the Complete book of correspondences - I realise it’ll be like reading an encyclopedia but gosh I’m beyond excited :joy_cat:

8 Likes

Added mine! I had already started reading it but I’m ready to fully dive into it!

8 Likes

im going to continue on with the scott cunningham wicca solitaire book as i didnt finish it lol.

8 Likes

Ohhhh everyone’s chosen some very interesting books! :star_struck::books:

Big props to @Amethyst and @Christina4- I know the Wiki Post thing is a bit confusing, but it looks like you both did it successfully- nicely done! :clap::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ohhh the correspondences book sounds amazing, @Limeberry! Can’t wait to hear what you think :grin:

And wonderful, @Kira-Marie! No worries at all- I know you jumped in towards the end of the last reading period. I’ve added you in above! Happy reading :open_book::two_hearts:

7 Likes

I did it? @BryWisteria I don’t recall adding my book although I want to. Also, it doesn’t have to be witch-related, right?

6 Likes

One series that defines my beliefs is a fictional series. The Earth Children Series by Jean Auel. this series is VERY well researched. If you read the entire series, you cannot help being attracted to witchcraft. The Earth Goddess worship is logical by paleolithic standards. The transition of this culture is potentially explained in her last book. This series made me laugh, cry, and experience every emotion. I recommend this series to every witch. I will be happy to explore this with anyone interested. My husband and I met in a foxhole, majoring in Archaeology and Anthropology. It makes sense.

4 Likes

Ahhh apologies, @Christina4! It looks like I caught sight of your name on the old reading list and got them mixed up! No worries at all girl- since several people are new to Wiki Posts here’s a:

Walkthrough on how to edit a Wiki Post

1. On the Wiki Post above (the first reply to the original post) look on the bottom right (near where you click to “like” a post).

2. Click on the word “Edit”. You can now change details in the post.

3. You can copy and paste another entry- write your book title, author, and username.

If it’s still tricky- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

And to answer your second question- nope! :grin: So long as it inspires your practice in some way, it does not have to be a strictly witchy book :open_book:

5 Likes

The Earth Children sounds like a lovely and emotional series, @wendy4! Thanks for sharing this recommendation :books::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I added my book! I can’t wait to share my entry with everyone else :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hooray! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I can’t wait to read your entry and hear what you think about I Want- enjoy reading! :open_book:

4 Likes

Two weeks have flown by, one week left in this reading period! :spiral_calendar:

How is everyone’s reading coming along? Almost finished? Barely started?

It’s been such a hectic time I haven’t got much reading done :laughing: Once Thanksgiving/Black Friday are behind us, I should have a bit more time to spend in my books next week :open_book:

Hope everyone is enjoying their books :books::two_hearts:

5 Likes

barely started… oops

4 Likes

I started this book back during one of the weekly challenges but never ended up reading to the end. I actually only read a little bit of the start. This provides me with some good motivation to finish it and its something different from Solitary Witch, which has been taking me a long time to get though.

4 Likes