šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club V (Feb 26 - Mar 26)

I didnā€™t make it there yesterday @BryWisteria , but Iā€™m hoping to today. I also got some cabochon molds so I can make things to work with. Iā€™m pretty excited about those coming. I got a box to keep my wires in & some totes for the resin working. The things were kind of spreading out across my kitchen. I have to keep them somewhat organized or I will go crazy.

I hope you find what it is that she wrote @Amethyst, thatā€™s very interesting

3 Likes

Me too! Itā€™s got to do with self defense and the Wiccan Rede. It makes sense but I only got a snippet of it, I want to read the whole thing, you know?

4 Likes

Oh no, Iā€™d be so curious! I know exactly how you feel! Happy hunting!

4 Likes

Thanks love!

4 Likes

That would make it a bit harder to find if itā€™s something she createdā€¦ but self defense sounds really neat- I hope youā€™re able to learn more about it! :grin:

Youā€™ve got so many fun crafts and projects going on, Krissie :star_struck: I hope you had fun if you were able to make it the stone shop. Enjoy!

4 Likes

I made it to the Stone Store & left with 3 pairs of earrings and about 5 or 6 stones to learn how to wire wrap. Then I forgot, I got a rock tumbler! & once they are tumbled I can wire wrap those stones too! It will be tigerā€™s eye, aventurine, hematite, jasper(s), rose quartz, or clear quartz.

Once my husband builds my craft room I will be able to put the tumbler down there & just let it go for the length of time that it needs to be tumbled. Itā€™s kind of loud to have on while you sleep, so I turned it off last night when I went to bed & then back on this morning when I woke up.

4 Likes

I always wanted a rock tumbler as a kid. Thatā€™s neat!

3 Likes

I have a smaller one that I got for Peanut, because ya knowā€¦ mini meā€¦ whatā€™s mine is hers :rofl: but we put itā€¦ somewhere safe & it was tough to work with after the first time so I got a better 1 that she helps me with doing. She does most of it & I kind of supervise. So some of the stones will go to her but the bulk of them will be for wire wrapping.

3 Likes

Very cool. I wish yā€™all luck with them. How long does it take to polish them?

3 Likes

They get polished in the tumbler, with a foam & gentle grit. So you leave them in there with a couple drops of mineral oil in the tumbler & they get buffed and polished. Right now they are on the 1st grit that takes down the rough edges & smooths them out. There are 4 stages of tumbling. Each one about a week. So it takes about a month for the final product to be done right.

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club V - Readersā€™ Reviews!

Whoa. So much longer than what I was thinking. Still it sounds amazing to watch. Have fun with it!

5 Likes

Very true. This sounds like an interesting book @Jewitch! Thank you for the review!

5 Likes

A friendly reminder for the book lovers of the coven-

:grey_exclamation: This reading session will end this Friday- March 26th :grey_exclamation:

At that time, this thread will close and a review post will open up for reviews and discussion. Iā€™m looking forward to readings everyoneā€™s thoughts!

For those who havenā€™t finished yet (or are perhaps starting their next book)- I hope you are enjoying your reading :blush::open_book:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Unable to edit it as well. I am reading "Toil and Trouble by Augusten Buroughs

6 Likes

Welcome to the coven, @stephanie28. Iā€™m so happy you are a part of the group. Feel free to introduce yourself in Introductions - The Spells8 Forum.

To answer your concern, I believe after doing the following, you will be able to edit wikiā€™s. :wink: By the time I finish this reply, I am sure you will already have done all of this. :joy:

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

In the meantime, I added your entry to the list.

6 Likes

Welcome, @Stephanie28! :heart: It looks like @praecog29 kindly came to the rescue and you have been added to the reading list.

I hope you enjoy Toil and Trouble! :open_book: :blush:

Blessed be :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums! :eyes:

[Gif from Giphy]

Didnā€™t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, April 2nd . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books:

2 Likes

This reading session has closed- thanks for joining in! :blush: If you have a book review to share, please do so in the open Readerā€™s Review post. Any other non-review posts can be shared in the current Book Club reading session.