šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club VIII (Jun 18 - Jul 16)

Can I still add this book to the wiki @BryWisteria even if the author is anonymous.

5 Likes

Absolutely, @NickWick, not a problem at all! :raised_hands: Youā€™ve been added to the list- I hope you have a wonderful time reading Spell Caster ! :sparkles::open_book:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve actually finished my first book already!

I really enjoyed the book. Its a fairly basic introduction to various areas, but itā€™s beautifully laid out, easy to read and was an absolute bargain at TK Maxx for only Ā£4!

Full review to follow when that thread opens.

Iā€™ll be taking my second book on holiday with me so Iā€™ll likely post my initial thoughts over the weekend.

Tonight Iā€™m reading a true crime magazine focusing on serial killers.

10 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Youā€™re amazing, @IrisW- it must have been a very fun read indeed if you flew through the book so fast! Itā€™s always fun to find a book you love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :open_book:

Looking forward to hearing more about what you thought about it- until then, may your magazine and second book both be just as enjoyable as your first book was! :grin::books: Enjoy!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve admitted defeat with my second intended book, The Meaning of Witchcraft by Gerald Gardner and removed it from the Wiki. Iā€™d hoped Iā€™d get time to read it on holiday but instead read a magazine on serial killers and not sure that counts :joy:

9 Likes

LOL! At least you were probably able to identify any weirdo people on your travels!

7 Likes

Sometimes defeat is just living to fight, er, read another day @IrisW :joy: Iā€™m sure The Meaning of Witchcraft doesnā€™t mind waiting until youā€™re ready for it! It sounds like you had some very exciting other reading to get through- hope you enjoyed your books! :books::blush:

@Jewitch! I just saw the updated list- are you also reading Cooling Herbs for Hot Summer Days? :star_struck:

5 Likes

I am reading it too! :star_struck: I saw yarrow mentioned while flicking though it to check it out, and decided I needed to read it since I found yarrow in my yard (and itā€™s been extra hot and humid the past few days!).

I read a little bit of it last night, and it has me hooked already: even just reading one paragraph on page 6 that mentioned astringent herbs has me thirsty for more knowledge ā€” it helps explain why the cooking bath works! (Astringents help ā€œtoneā€ tissues, so it helps seal in moisture, which helps us stay hydrated :nerd_face: If I understood that correctly :sweat_smile:)

7 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club VIII - Readersā€™ Reviews!

Is it ok if I post my review here too for the first book? Presumably it can then be moved over to the review thread when thatā€™s opened.

4 Likes

Fabulous that will give me something productive to do tonight :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think I was a little over-optimistic with how much I could get read for this book club session :see_no_evil: Iā€™m going to read The House Witch next book club, and for this one, Iā€™m just going to finish Badass Ancestors since I didnā€™t finish it for the last session :sweat_smile: (wiki edited accordingly)

4 Likes

Thank you, @Jewitch! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope you enjoy Badass Ancestors- with a name like that, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be quite an interesting read! :open_book: :grin:

Siofra is right, feel free to share your review whenever youā€™re ready @IrisW! :raised_hands: When the review thread opens next week Iā€™ll slide any reviews here into that post. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! :blush:

Go for it, @Susurrus! Itā€™s a free eBook and downloadable too. A small but very accessible resource of herbs and recipes. Iā€™m going to keep it next to my digital herbal grimoire- kind of like a virtual library! :laughing: :books: :computer:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve added my name next to @elvira 's.

Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner is my first book about all this. Iā€™m excited :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome @RyuWyn :blush:

Wonderful choice! This reading session closes in two days, but no worries about rushing with your reading- it is absolutely fine to continue reading your book of choice into the next session (that will begin next Friday after the review period) :+1: As books with multiple current readers get their own separate discussion thread, Iā€™ll open a special then if you and others are still reading this book.

I hope you enjoy Wicca: A Guide ! Blessed be :sparkles:

7 Likes

Thank you! And looking forward to this Friday :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums! :eyes:

:exclamation: The few wonderful reviews already posted here have since been re-homed in the Readersā€™ Reviews post to make them easier to find!

Reading Witch Gif
[Gif from Novocom]

Didnā€™t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one-week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, July 23rd . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books:

5 Likes

This reading session has closed- thanks for joining in! :blush: If you have a book review to share, please do so in the open Readerā€™s Review post. Any other non-review posts can be shared in the current Book Club reading session.