đź“– Spells8 Book Club XVII (Apr 29 - May 27)

Wishing a warm welcome to all of the forum book-lovers!

:books: :blush: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last month’s reading session (Reading Session XVI)

For those who haven’t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVI- Reader’s Reviews .

As of today, the seventeenth book club reading session has now begun !

Spells8 Book Club

Time to read!

1. Announce your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. The reading period is open for [[ 4 weeks ]]
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. Share your thoughts
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. But save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Final Discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

Art by Melissa Ballesteros: Book Witch

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

If you are reading a book along with someone else, please make a note in the comments so I can create a special discussion thread for you!

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

And also:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

Art by Brittnie: Witch Library

If you have any questions about Book Club, be sure to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book: :sparkles:

10 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:
Book Title by Author
(@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

@melinda6

• Spellcrafting (2020) by Aris Murphy-Hiscock (…what an unfortunate name)
    @anon87969570

• Chakras for Beginners: A Complete Guide to the 7 Chakras, Their Importance & Impact on Your Life by: Leigh Cantrell @Susurrus

• Chakra Healing: A Beginner’s Guide to Healing Techniques that Balance the Chakras By: Margarita Alcantara @Susurrus

• Charms, Amulets, Talismans, & Spells by Marian Green cont’d from last session
    @BryWisteria

• The Complete Guide to Chakras: Activating the 12 Chakra Energy System for Balance & Healing By: April Pfender @Susurrus

9 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

→ How to Edit a Wiki Post (with pictures!)

If you’ve read the instructions but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

7 Likes

Had my two books already picked out. Finished kali this morning

9 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVII - Readers’ Reviews!

I am at the end of Hekate: the goddess of Witches by Courtney Weber, and will update shortly with the new book i will start soon… :blush:

10 Likes

TheMuslimWitch, I am also reading another book on audible its called Hekates Liminal Rites. I wish I had the hard copy but can’t wait to see your book review.
Jeannie

9 Likes

Sounds like a great book! Would love to read another book about Hekate to compare the information to… I already gave a review last week on the book Hekate and i rated it a 8/10. I liked the way the author explained things and added her own personal experiences with Hekate too since she is a priestess of Hekate…

9 Likes

@Nikita-mikaelson Congrats on finishing your book on Kali, Nikita! :clap::heart: I know you had shared a partial review on the book before- if you feel like it, please feel free to update with your thoughts now that you’ve turned the final page! I hope it was a fun read for you :blush:

@Jeannie1 Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts- it sounds like Hekate’s Modern Witchcraft is a good book for you! I’m so happy you enjoy it :heart: And wow, how cool that the author has her own school! :star_struck:

@TheMuslimWitch Enjoy the final pages of Hekate, Khadija- I know from your review that you had been enjoying it, I hope it was a great read right up to the finale! :open_book: Looking forward to hearing which book you’ll explore next :blush:

I’m away from home at the moment and still on the hunt for which book I want to read this month- there are a few topics pulling my attention in different directions and I’m not quite sure what I want to study right now :laughing:

Will hopefully be able to narrow it down soon! :grinning: :books:

Happy reading, everyone!

8 Likes

Thanks yes it was great and i was inspired by the book to research another honey cake recipe and baked it on Samhain that i offered a slice to Hekate as well. I can currently on The Horned God Book i will have to post here on the book club soon as soon as i can get my lazy butt up to go get it from the other room… Will leave a review soon

8 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch The honey cake offering sounds lovely- and yes! Would love to hear your review on the Horned God Book :blush: Looking forward to it! :heart::books:

9 Likes

@BryWisteria lol I realized that my zombie survival guide book can pass in the book club due to it not only teaching you to defend against the zombies from a plague virus but also voodoo zombies too

8 Likes

Voodoo zombies? :zombie: :astonished: Wow- that sounds intense, @Nikita-mikaelson, it is sure to be an interesting read! I don’t know much about Voodoo or Hoodoo practices, but I’d be very curious about hearing what you discover in the book. I hope it’s a great one for you- enjoy it! :open_book: :blush:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria voodoo zombies may not seem as dangerous as the virus ones due to them being alive and from what I understand its kinda like hypnosis they are not in control of there bodys but them not being dead dosnt make them any less dangerous. I may not be completely right here as i do not practice voodoo but i have done some research on voodoo zombies since voodoo has become kinda a hobby of alot of my towns witches and wanted to be able to protect myself if need be.

8 Likes

Thanks i am about to go get the book and list it now… I had a very surreal experience today where in the book there was a mention of how to summon or call upon the horned god as a way of introducing one’s self, and some of the items that were required along with several chants were glass of wine (or other), an acorn and a skeleton key (or alternative).
Anyways, i was like does Australia even have acorns because if they do in allll my 31 years of living hear i have not seen any other than craft ornaments no natural ones and was like great ill have to use like a hazel nut or some other larger seed or something as the book suggested, but turns out as i finished up from taking the kids to the cinemas for the day, there right in front of my car was an acorn!
What were the chances i found one just lying there, so i asked my husband to identify where the tree was and all the trees in front of us although many in variety there was not one tree the acorn was from! So i took this as a sign, picked up the acorn and brought it home. I am going to do the ritual in the next day or so and hopefully this will give me a better sense of connection to the horned god…

9 Likes

What the heck! That is so amazing! Love that you got your acorn! Magick always provides a way!

7 Likes

It sounds like a form of possession or mind blanching to me- very spooky stuff! Sure to be a very interesting read :open_book: :wink: Good luck and I hope the information the book contains will be helpful for you! I agree- never hurts to learn more and be aware :+1:

Amazing! :clap::heart_eyes: It was meant to be, Khadija- that acorn was waiting for you. I am sure it will be a wonderful addition to a ritual and/or object for your sacred space. That’s a really neat story! I’m wishing you all the best as you deepen your connection with the Horned God :deer: :blush:

6 Likes

I wish I could narrow down what it is that I would like to read about because I have about 3 topics running through my head right now :laughing:

• Self-Care/Magic in the Mundane :magic_wand:
  • Crystals, Chakras Healing
  • Goddess - The Morrigan :triskele:
  • Celtic Paganism/Druidry :triquetra:
  • Further Astrology :milky_way:
  • Further Runes :algiz:
  • Lithomancy :crystal_ball:

I’m trying to keep it to one topic but my brain wants to branch off. :rofl: I’m going to take it easy though while I work through some things. :hugs:

5 Likes

Too cool! I love it when things are this clear!.

6 Likes

@Susurrus So many exciting areas to explore! :star_struck: Goodness, I feel you about it being tough to choose haha. It’s easy when I’m in a phase where I’m hyperfixated on one thing, but in between it sure it tough to pick just one area- they are all so interesting! :sparkles:

As for my book for the month, I went to an esoteric shop yesterday that had tons of books (in both Polish and English) to browse, but I walked out with a new tarot deck instead :sweat_smile: Gonna have to keep searching lol!

Hope everyone’s reading is going well- blessed be! :sparkles::books:

6 Likes