📝 Spells8 Book Club XXII - Readers' Reviews!

I just couldn’t get into it. Which is sad, it started out good and then went downhill. The bee thing, I’m not sure. It had you sitting next to their hive or something, I don’t remember really. But while I don’t mind bees, I don’t want to be that close to them either!

Two of the other rituals to get closer to your inner wild woman was a with ritual baths, which is lovely but with my leg and butt I can’t do. Plus I was going for GRR, not spa. You know? It was just too disappointing to continue.

4 Likes

@TheTravelWitch_Bry all Lisa Chamberlain books i have found are really good. She breaks everything down.

4 Likes

Ohhhhh the artwork looks really pretty- I’ll have to take a look! :star_struck: Thanks for the recommendation, @TheMuslimWitch! :blush:

You’re not alone on that one, my friend! :laughing: I mean, I guess you could go sit with bees if you were a beekeeper and you had your own hives that you knew well? But if I remember correctly from my beekeeping class, it’s pretty dangerous to go up to unknown hives, especially without the proper protective uniform- some hives can be aggressive :worried:

All in all, it sounds like one that just didn’t click- sorry, Amethyst! I hope the next book you choose will be a more enjoyable one for you :pray::blush:

Good to know! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really enjoyed this one- you’re right about well she breaks things down. I have to say I really enjoy her style of writing and the friendly but wise tone she uses. I’ll definitely be looking into her other books! :books::grinning:

5 Likes

This sounds like a good read, and thanks for the review. I’d be interested to hear your take on Scott Cunningham’s Herbal book if you’ve had the chance to read it. I found his writing and work to be compelling and honest, like Buckland and Chamberlain.
Thanks

4 Likes

Her book about Runes was really well done & helped me a lot when I did my deep dive :star_struck:

3 Likes

You’re very welcome, Wysteria! :heart:

I haven’t read the entirety of Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magickal Herbs (his book Wicca in the Kitchen is currently higher up on my to-read list!), but from the writing of his I’ve seen so far, I agree- he’s got such a great and very beginner-friendly way of presenting the information. Definitely one of the best witchy writers out there (at least in my opinion!) :books::blush:

She’s got a great way of breaking things down but still keeping it engaging :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve still runes on a kind of back-burner as I focus on other things, but I’m going to keep Runes for Beginners in mind for a future read! :grinning:

5 Likes

I haven’t heard of his Wicca in the Kitchen Thank you! :kissing_heart:
(Monday giggle) I will utilize my Cyber Monday Magickal powers and seek this out!

4 Likes

I utilized them myself… & now I’m on shopping lockdown :rofl: However, all of our shopping for the kids is done! My husband said he just has 2 things he would like to get for me, but they are from stores or can be done with the help of my son. I feel like we did good this year!

I’ll be seeking out a couple of books though… can’t not have books! My library likes new friends :joy:

3 Likes

@TheTravelWitch_Bry oh u know i have. Lol

4 Likes

@TheTravelWitch_Bry oh yes Chamberlain’s are really good. And Cunningham just has. Way to lay it all out for u in layman’s terms. Both definitely wonderful authors especially for beginners

4 Likes

@Wysteria_Norn i know u didnt ask me, but here is my review.

I think Cumminghams Herb Encyclopedia is an excellent book for beginners. However it doesnt have all of the info that i wanted. I still use it as a reference only when the info isnt available in my “herb bible”, and before i look it up online.

4 Likes

Hahaha that sounds like a great use of Cybe Monday Magick! :shopping: :sparkles::laughing: I hope you were able to find some great book deals, Wysteria!

I love this :joy::+1::books:

Agreed! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes