📖 Spells8 Book Club XXXVI (Feb 23 - Mar 22)

@tracyS Thank you, Tracy! :heart: :cupcake: :yum:

@AIRAM It sounds like you found a wonderful book, AIRAM - I’m glad you’re enjoying it so far! I’ve gone ahead and added your book to the list above. I hope you continue to enjoy it - happy reading! :open_book: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

thank you beautiful soul full of light! :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

@AIRAM :hugs: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I somehow missed the recipes! Probably 1 of the times my toddler threw my book :upside_down_face:. So went back to read them, I am definitely making some honey cakes! They sound delicious and would be perfect for an offering :heart:

5 Likes

You’re right, honey cakes sound like a lovely spring-time offering! (and very tasty too!) :yum: :two_hearts:

If you can get some spring time honey where you are, it’s especially potent - the first harvest of the year from the strongest and hardiest bees (who survived the winter), made from the first flowers of the season. Spring honey tends to have a lighter color and flavor, and is very desirable!

Happy cooking, Kyrstyn! :honey_pot: :cake: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

@Kyrstyn i love honey cake!
i make it often! it’s great! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

How are everyone’s books so far? Hope you’re enjoying them :books: :blush:

It’s time for a friendly reminder!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will conclude in one week from today (on Friday, March 22) :grey_exclamation:

A Reader’s Review post will appear in the forums at that time for everyone to share their thoughts and hear all about what your fellow coven members have been reading.

I’m looking forward to hearing about your books- happy reading and blessed be! :open_book: :sparkles:

4 Likes

I’ve been out of the loop for a while but I’ve finally gotten back into my abandoned book from last session, Weave the Liminal, and have even finished it! It’s an accomplishment with so many things going on at the same time. I appreciate having this group to share books with! :books::books::books:

5 Likes

I read the wrong book :sob::sob::sob:, but it was on the right topic :rofl:

5 Likes

Congrats on finishing Weave the Liminal, BlueAngelite- woohooo! :partying_face: I feel you completely, it’s tough to get through even fun things during busy periods. But you did it - great job! I hope you enjoyed the book right up to the final page :open_book: :two_hearts:

That’s got to count for something! :joy: :+1:

I’d say finishing any book is an accomplishment - good job, Tracy! :tada: :blush:

3 Likes

So I’m jumping on the bandwagon here and reading Ostara like @BryWisteria @Kyrstyn and I think @niyke might be reading the same book. I’ll probably finish it by tomorrow :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Welcome, welcome! There is an infinite amount of room on this bandwagon and we’re happy to have you join us :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy Ostara, @Sivonnah - happy reading! :sparkles:

I’m almost done with mine (although I admit I skimmed through the rituals - they are interesting to read, but I don’t plan on doing any live in-person group rituals for the Sabbat so I didn’t find them as relevant for me). I’m enjoying the handy section about correspondences now - there’s a lot of great associations of the season to explore! :star_struck:

Happy reading and happy Sabbat, everyone!

3 Likes

I finished it last night :crazy_face: I glance over the rituals too. :laughing:

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXVI - Readers’ Reviews!

[quote=“BryWisteria, post:16, topic:48168”]
@TheMuslimWitch You know it’s a good book when you can’t put it down - those ones are the most fun! Althought it’s always so bittersweet to get to the end of them (unless there’s a sequel!) :grin: :open_book:

There’s always a sequel lol :laughing: :blush:

4 Likes

Hahaha solidarity :handshake: :laughing: :heart:

Thank goodness for sequels! :books: :sparkles: :grin:

5 Likes

I’m almost done with my book - Hopefully I can finish it later today in time for book club!

4 Likes

@MeganB Go, Megan, go! You got this! :partying_face: :open_book:

4 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums for the soon-to-appear post! :eyes:

:exclamation: The few wonderful reviews already posted here have since been re-homed in the Readers’ Reviews post to make them easier to find!

magic books
Gif from Tenor

Didn’t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one-week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, March 29th . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books::blush: