Spring Cleaning - Ancestor Altar

The weather yesterday was warm and my hubby had to work – so I decided to give the house a good spring cleaning - I even washed walls. LOL

I also felt called to create an altar in honor of my mom. She loved butterflies - so thought this was perfect. The tea set, little butterfly pin under her picture and the little grey box with the butterfly on it were all her items.

The stepping stone was a gift to me after my mother passed from the dog rescue that I volunteer at and where my mom rescued her dog, Holly.

Ancestor Altar

Holly

14 Likes

What a beautiful tribute to your mother @SilverBear :heart:

10 Likes

That is beautiful. I love butterflies too. I even have a butterfly tatoo. I

I have an ancestor alter that I put together about a month ago. I’m still working on it. I have photos of my Mom and Dad, my Mother in laws ashes, a photo of my Father in law (he passed away a year ago yesterday), along with his flag and dog tags, and my cousin who passed away in August. I put my Grandmothers wallet on there and a silly pen that my best friend gave me before she passed.

I have some pictures of my Grandparents that I need to find. They are stored in a trunk in the attic.

The alter itself is a antique buffet that belonged to my Mother.

10 Likes

It’s lovely :butterfly: I know shes always with you. Thank you for sharing!

8 Likes

How lovely! I’m sure she’d smile at seeing that.

8 Likes

The altar that my mom’s stuff is on is my Grandmother’s Cedar Hope Chest!

9 Likes

I love that!

8 Likes

Beautiful altar, @Silverbear :butterfly: :two_hearts: And hello Holly! :blush::dog:

7 Likes

Such a peaceful altar and such a cute puppy

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.