Suggested books or authors?

@Wysteria_Norn It’s addictive. :laughing::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Tracy - something told me you’d provide information for me!
Perfect suggestions. Thank you so much :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for all of that. What you said about Runes is very helpful, you basically answered things that I had been wondering.

That is a very good point/mindset and something I would normally seek out. That is actually one of the books that I was considering.

The only reason that I was considering something more diluted (That isn’t the right word but I’ll go with it) is that I still haven’t fully recovered from the last concussion and I don’t know what I am able to comprehend right now.

I don’t care what anyone says or what statistics say about maximum recovery timeframe for Post Concussive Syndrome, this is not as recovered as I’m going to get.

To that, I am going to get the one you suggested.

5 Likes

Such a beautiful treasure, I’m a little disturbed that it looks familiar :woman_shrugging:t2: and how wonderful it is that you are trying to find a home for it

3 Likes

@tracyS I feel like I must be missing something, so far I am less than impressed with the app

3 Likes

@Nixi I use it to learn all the Eddas, It’s all in there. If you click explore, then old Norse then choose aesir etc you can learn everything. It saves having to buy all the books. Play around with it. :grin:

4 Likes

@Nixi I do the quiz once a week to see how much I’ve taken in (mostly how much I still have to learn :person_facepalming:). The calendar is my go to calendar, so I use that for all my spiritual appointments. The three Norns I use to test my knowledge of the runes, do I know their meanings? Is my intuition with them getting stronger? Or do I have to keep looking them up. The Message is where I write my prayer for the day to Loki, so throughout the day, when I’m stressed I reread it, and say it out loud to him. The journal is my Loki BOS so to speak, it’s our journey together. The runes, if you use the divination button, it’s easier to find all the meanings. Then click on Eddas, and that’s the classics without having to buy all the books. The Havamal, click Valhalla+ and that’s like Norse proverbs. Bind runes is where you log your own bind runes (I’m still learning how to do that section). And each day, as you use the app, the first time you open it, it should give you the rune for the day. I pray to Loki first for the energy for the day, then I open the app and he gives me the rune. It then list the positive meanings, negative meanings (reversal, but you can ignore that if you don’t do reversal), the divination meaning and a summary. It’s a good way to gradually build up knowledge of the rune, on a day by day basis.
I don’t use the chat, as this is my only “chat” space so to speak.
I think I’ve covered the basics. I and Jason have found its reduced my need to buy tons of books, and it’s in your pocket, so if I’m stressed or somethings come up, and I don’t have my runes (like that time my car broke down), I prayed, spun the compass, and Loki picked the exact rune energy I needed, then I drew the rune on my wrist.
It took me awhile to learn my way around the app. Hope this mini guide helps. :sparkling_heart::kissing_heart: oh and they’ve just added a new feature, so when you read something, it’ll appear on the home page in a “continue reading” box.

4 Likes

Thank you @Tracy I’ll keep poking around

3 Likes

@kara16 , how are you my lovely? :sparkling_heart:. @Wysteria_Norn has original copies of the Icelandic texts. See above.

I thought I’d share this with you, as a fellow Norse pagan, if you’re interested, incase you missed this thread. Also, my lovely, are there any books you can recommend too. Thankyou. Blessed be :sparkling_heart::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

@Nixi
It’s another website, it’s inclusive too, to all communities. I hope it works where you are. I’ve had a look at the site, it’s got some nice information, scroll the home page, it’s very informative, came recommended by Heathens of Yorkshire. :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Maybe that’s it.
Osiris was murdered by his brother Seth… literally dismembered and cast to the winds.
Isis, their sister, fought against all odds, even tricking the all mighty Ra, to collect his body parts, put him back together and reanimate him.
Maybe that determination, that will, is what I’m sensing as the connection between you and Isis?

4 Likes