Support from Family

Hello Coven. :slight_smile:

I was a little lacking when it comes to support on my new way of life. I have a wife who is separated from me and she is very Christian so she is really a work in progress. I have made headway though, I’m trying to teach her how positive modern Wicca and Witchcraft really is.

Just the other day my mother came back from a trip and she was in a small health shop and she picked out a few things to help me in my Craft. White candles, a smudge stick, and some sage leaves.

My mother is older, and to be honest she doesn’t like to believe in much, or be open about her beliefs.
This is the first major sign of support I’ve seen from family regarding my Craft and I’m pretty excited about it.

I’m going to stick with this stuff, so they have to get used to it.

As I take measures to improve myself one step at a time. My sense of pride and commitment to this coven seem to be growing. I feel like it’s not something that I should take lightly. I am a proud coven member and I hope to make an impact on the magickal world. I just want you all to know that I’m very happy to be here, and that it is something that matters. Magick and witchcraft has become the mainstay of my lifestyle, and it feels good. It just gets hard sometimes when you feel like your doing all alone. It’s kind of like fighting everyone on all fronts. I ask the Divine for friends and family to accept me and I pray this new path serves me well (it has so far).

Thanks for reading and Blessed Be. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@colin we are very happy to have you as a part of the coven :infinite_roots:

I’m happy about the support you are receiving. It’s definitely something that makes it easier when you know you have the love of someone close to you. It’s very exciting that she chose to pick a few items for your craft while she was out too! :heart:

4 Likes

I’m so sorry your wife isn’t beside you, supporting you in this. Being raised in a close minded Christian home, I know Witchcraft (just the word, even) is very scary and taboo. I hope she comes around!

I love that your mama brought you some tools for your practice. That is such a light and support!

Happy you are with us. :relaxed: You’re doing amazing!

6 Likes

You have already made an impact in this area of your life! You’ve made posts, comments and hearted so many other people’s comments and that makes a difference!

If you ever need a witchy friend, I’m always here, ok!!

May you continue strong in your path!!
Blessed be :pray:

6 Likes

@colin, you are an important part of this community and I love learning your perspectives on things and being challenged by your beliefs. I hope your wife will at least accept your beliefs and support you on your journey.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry your wife isn’t being supportive, there’s a stigma unfortunately when it comes to witchcraft and Christians. Then again there are some Christians that wouldn’t like anything, so there ya go. I’m glad your Mother is being somewhat supportive! It’s a start!

And we are here for you too! Rooting for you all the way! You’re never alone, so be comforted by that.

Blessed be!

6 Likes

Your determination and passion are inspirational, the coven is very blessed to have you here, @colin! Your wisdom, enthusiasm, and positive energy bring light to the forum :candle: :blush: Thanks for all that you do!

I am so happy to hear that your mother is supporting you, and I hope that, even if your wife cannot see beyond her own beliefs, that she can at least see the happiness and confidence that your own beliefs bring you :pray:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Wow I sure feel great reading all those replies. :slight_smile: I’m happy to know that I’m making an impact. I love this part of my life. I’m sure more of my friends and family and even my wife will come around eventually after seeing all the good that this kind of stuff is doing for me. I feel like I’m always getting better and improving the deeper I go into the Craft. :slight_smile:

I will continue my journey.

5 Likes

This is great to hear!!! I too, look forward to your perspective and anything that you add helps!! This family has grown on me and you’re like a brother to me!!!

5 Likes