Tasseography

Australia and the US are indeed difficult ones. :laughing:

It’s usually your afternoon when I should be waking up. But recently, I’ve been waking up between midnight and 2 am. Right now, it’s 3 am for me and like, 11 am - 8 am across the US.

I’m magic! :magic_wand:

Nah, I use this site. :point_down: :joy:

I’m usually somewhat aware of the US time zones, though, because my product managers and product designers are across the US. And I interact with them almost every weekday.

Ooh! :black_heart: There are such lovely signs in this reading. :smile:

5 Likes

Time Magician! Now if you can time travel… Oh, wait! You’re in early morning of 11/22! I’m still in 11/21!:yum:

5 Likes

Bookmarking this post as it’s a great source of info for a wildcrafter like myself! Thank you :green_heart:

5 Likes

True! I’ll let you know straight away if there’s anything bad coming through from the future. :joy:

Like if there’s a worldwide tea shortage on the way. :teapot: :scream:

Maybe this is a silly question, but is it possible to do this whilst steeping my tea in a teapot? :sweat_smile:

I use those pots that have the catchment for the loose leaf tea so I can always make lots of tea for both of us at the same time. But that means that the little leftover bits are usually at the bottom of the teapot rather than the cup. :thinking:

5 Likes

Have @BryWisteria read the pot for us?!?

I always have a mess in the bottom of my cup, no matter how carefully I rubberband the rag, so I gave up trying. My silicon tea strainer just lets the small bits out. I suppose I could line the strainer with a coffee filter if I wanted to. It doesn’t hurt to drink them. They just taste a little stronger.

Rinse the teapot well before the bits dry, or the berries could put a stain on your pot. It doesn’t hurt anything and usually comes out more quickly than when using plastic.

Plastic holds tea stains permanently, no matter how quickly you clean it, no matter what kind of tea you drink. Mom preferred iced tea. She got pretty upset at the stains, but learned to recognize them when she saw them in restaraunts.

Time travel while making tea may be a bit problematic, though. We’ll have to ask the Good Doctor if he has any issues in the Tardis.:blush:

Now where did I put that list of natural dyes the Native Americans used to use? Hmm.

5 Likes

Awww thank you, Georgia- love you too! :hugs: :heart:

I have to say that it’s a very fun conversation- I always love a good chat about tea, and I’ve been learning so much about sumac too! :heart_eyes: So thank you!

I think it could work! :grinning:

Usually it’s recommended that the querrant/drinker is focusing (at least somewhat) on their inquiry as they drink the tea, then when the liquid is gone the remaining leaves are read. I suppose the tea could be poured out, enjoyed, and then attention is turned to reading the teapot- so yeah, it could work!

The teapots with the small neck/opening might be challenging to read inside (it can be pretty dark in there lol). But if the teapot is a light color and the neck/opening is wide enough (or maybe a light is shined inside?), you could get to the leaves to read them.

I’m rambling now, forgive me- it’s an exciting idea and worth a try! :grin: :teapot: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Good point. I’ll keep this in mind! I’ve yet to order anything because I want to get a few things and pay less shipping per item. :sweat_smile:

My teapot is made of glass and has a wide opening, so hopefully that works! :smile: My only worry, I guess, is that it might not be porous enough to catch bits in random places. :thinking:

[I was using chamomile and jasmine petals here, so I don’t think I ended up with much of anything at the bottom of the teapot.]

3 Likes

So your teapot has its own filtering system. That’s cool. I’ve never seen anything like that before.

Chamomile and jasmine sound like a sleepy tea. Much comfort to you.

4 Likes

Indeed, a sleepy tea! :smile: When I’m mixing chamomile and jasmine, I’m either making it for my partner or one of our friends who comes over. They both have sleep issues relating to their IBS.

The first time I made it for our friend, he told us the next time he came over that he slept like a log. And asked for more. :joy:

One of our other friends also asked for tea, so I showed him my collection of dried flowers, herbs, and other plant things. He ultimately asked for lemongrass and ginger. I’ve had those in soups together, but not as a drink! Turned out nice, though. :tea:

3 Likes

Ginger is very empowering. I’ve been using it to counter exhaustion in my work. If I take it to soothe a cough though, just because the drops are closer at hand than eucalyptus, I find I can’t sleep. I’ll have to pull out winter cough drops, soon.:blush:

4 Likes

Just dropping by to give an update on the glass teapots.

I don’t think they work for this. :sweat_smile:

The act of pouring can create so much swirl that even if there are particles, they’re more likely to end up in my glass. Also, perhaps because of the glass material, any remaining stuff at the bottom falls too perfectly into place.

Also, the catchment in one of my two teapots (the one I shared a photo of) seems to actually account for ensuring that tiny bits do not leave the catchment thing. See how the holes in it only go down so far, and the rest is solid? The bottom is solid, too, and I’m starting to think it’s so that small particles are a bit less likely to leave that thing. :thinking:

Either way, I haven’t gotten much of anything out of it. Could be a technique problem, but I’ll put it on pause while I focus on other things.

4 Likes

Aww darn. Well, it was worth a try! Thank you for experimenting and sharing the results :scientist: :+1:

Even if they aren’t ideal for reading tea leaves/coffee grounds, your glass tea ware is still beautiful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes