Telescope help

Hi everyone, so a few months ago for my birthday i invested in buying a telescope. I will be honest it was a little tricky getting it together with all the technical terms, but regardless i made sure to be thorough and set it up. Now it has been sitting here for a month or two and am planning to use it as
soon as i have more time when my studies finish in a couple weeks.
My question is, does anyone know how to use one? There are instructions but they are even harder to understand than the set up prompts.
The model is 76/700 EQ premium telescope by National Geographic.
Any help would be appreciated. Would love to see the moon and her beauty up closer :blush:

5 Likes

What an exciting birthday gift, @TheMuslimWitch! :telescope: :star_struck:

I’ve “used” a telescope a few times- used meaning that someone set it all up, I looked inside, and then stepped back when I was done looking- I’m afraid I have no idea how to set one up! Apologies! :pray:

When in doubt about putting things together, YouTube often comes to the rescue- maybe you can find a set up guide video there that you can follow along with?

Good luck and enjoy! :milky_way: :telescope: :sparkles:

6 Likes

That is a god idea. Should have thought of that myself. I mean i am so used to doing it for everything from cars and the list goes on… :blush:

5 Likes

I have a telescope too, one that we were lucky enough to find at a thrift store. We haven’t used it yet but I plan on breaking it out this New Moon so we can see more of the stars in the sky :star:

I don’t have that particular one but maybe this video can help?

4 Likes

Same here! :heart: YouTube is a lifeline when it comes to DIY projects- I feel like someone can learn just about anything on YouTube! :grinning:

It looks like Megan has a great setup video for you- good luck and let us know how your telescope adventures go! I hope you can see some amazing things! :milky_way: :star2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you i will check it out :heartpulse:

4 Likes