Temujin's Updates

Hey all,

Just thought I would create a post where I can share my updates with the family here.

As some of you would have read in my Hello from Melbourne Australia introduction, I am in the process of making my meditation chamber which will have my new altar and other goods (a room dedicated to my practice) and with full energies from my practice.

I’ve already pulled all the carpet out, and repainted my wall trimmings and door trimming from white into a wood look without having to buy new trim.

Wallpaper just arrived, so I’ll hopefully have that all up tomorrow and able to share a photo. Also got laminate floor boards on the way which I am going to attempt to also do myself.

I’ve also ordered new crystals and candle moulds wax, dye etc so I can make my own candles of various sizes for my altar and to take part in daily blessings and devotionals.

Will keep you all updated here!

Tem

16 Likes

Wow @Temujin_Calidius thats great! You are so lucky to be able to have a whole area to dedicate your craft, unfortunately here there is limited space so my space is limited to a large study table which is my altar and is slowly creeping up the wall too with a pentagram wall shelf and other small shelves… keep us updated love to see the progress for some future inspiration :blush:

7 Likes

Sounds like it’s going to be great! You’ll have to share pictures when you’re doing with it!

6 Likes

Oh my goodness this sounds amazing! :star_struck: Wishing you all the best of luck with crafting your sacred space- I’m sure it is going to be amazing! :raised_hands:

Please keep us updated on the process! I can’t wait to hear how it turns out :blush:

Blessed be!

6 Likes

Only took me 8 or 9 hours to do the room :roll_eyes:

I’ll have some photos tomorrow. I am so proud for my first attempt with wallpaper. Such a warm look and feel.

7 Likes

Hey Guys,

So here is an update on the progress this far. I started at 10am and stopped around 7:30pm without any breaks, except for orange juice.

This is my first attempt at doing any wallpaper work.

Basically, originally the room had traditional white skirting. I know a lot of people go for that modern look these days, but I wanted wood without having to replace all the MDF skirting with real wood. So I added a layer of primer spray paint, followed by an orange ‘terracotta’ layer of spray paint. On top of this layer, I then used a mahogany stain oil, 2 coats, using a stiff brush with some twists in the brush strokes to give it a grainy texture. I finished the trimming off with a layer of high gloss varnish to protect it all.

Original trim look. And this is the entry into the meditation chamber.

The room with original wall. Ceiling repainted here and trim painted to wood look alike.

Close up of wood looking trim.

And here is the room with all the wallpaper around it. There are minor imperfections, which makes it mine. The energy put into it will make all the difference in the end! Please excuse the mess!

Room will wallpaper done.

Close-up of the wallpaper texture. Feels great too!

I might even make some shelving in the future for my apothecary. Have all my herbs, resin incense, smudging ingredients, crystals and other odds and ends on it, with the same wood texturing and colour as the rest of the room.

All that’s left to do (besides spend a tonne on furniture and bits and bobs to really make it mine) is to do the flooring. I have the flooring on order, and waiting on delivery, but it will look similar to the below photo.

One of our lounge rooms with my mess in it.

Again, excuse the mess here, that table is full of books I have been reading lately and some lions mane mushrooms I am growing. And the anniversary was 10 years ago for my parents in law, just haven’t taken down the signs!

Hope you guys enjoy. I’ll update more as I do the flooring and setup the room.

Tem

10 Likes

@Temujin_Calidius it looks great. You did really well. And I have to add, make sure you eat something lol.

7 Likes

Oh I have, this is the next day now. Had my sleep, had my feed before bed. But I am getting old - I was so sore last night, stiff everywhere. I had to practice breathing meditation and direct my energy to wherever everything was sore. Woke up young!

7 Likes

That’s good news then lol

7 Likes

WOW. That’s going to be gorgeous when you get it all done. Good job!

5 Likes

Quick update. Floor boards done and dusted!

The green tape is just me colour grading everything before laying, for the pattern.

All I am waiting on now is a transition piece to cover the tiny gap between tiles and floorboards and floor trim to cover the gaps from flooring to wall and the room will be done!

Tem

10 Likes

@Temujin_Calidius it looks amazing

7 Likes

Wow! I mean wow! I wish I was this creative… I am sure you are going to enjoy it in there when it’s complete :star_struck:

6 Likes

Wow. This is awesome! I’m envious, you’re so handy. I put light bulbs in backward. I’d never been able to do something like that.

5 Likes

Thanks guys,

I got a lot more happening in that room over the next few weeks. Altar table and its contents, lighting in the room and so on.

I got one of those Blisslights which is a laser light system that turns your ceiling into a universe with stars and nebula moving around slowly. I think it will look awesome with the astrology symbols and planet symbols in Greek up there.

Tem

8 Likes

That will be awesome! I always see them here and there and would love on in my room at night it would look so great! Don’t forget to take a pic of it would love to see it…

4 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch

Here are 2 more shots of the room from a different angle, one without the lighting and one with. I will get more when I’ve got the room fully setup with the table, candles going and ready for ceremonial work.

Tem

8 Likes

Oh pretty love it i would be over the moon if i was redecorating and making room for a sacred space… You have inspired me and I am still convincing my husband to allow me to empty the spare room which he has used for storing his hoarding items over the years and it has gotten so bad its up to the roof… If i do i will have a beautiful areas for my altar and can be used for myself for both study and my craft…The issue is where to put all the furniture? Since most of it is near new it is a shame to throw it out so i was thinking of selling them at a cheaper price but they will have to stay in the yard since the garage also has the same issue… Just seeing the clutter makes me feel sick and since he won’t let me move it i feel guilty as if i am unclean or something…

5 Likes

Maybe the benefit to him of you having your own private room is that it would be out of his way and out of the kids way. So it can’t affect him and his religious beliefs.

It would be a win-win for you both?

Tem

6 Likes

Yes exactly my thoughts… I would have started last night however the weather report says it will rain for the next 5 days so it would be a waste to throw such good furniture outside and ill all get spoiled… I decided that as soon as the weather is good and my partner agrees to let me do it to an extent without causing us more issue i will clean it out and make more room… so win-win i guess

:blush:

6 Likes