Tending Brighid's Flame

Imbolc, Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Tending Brighid’s Flame February 1, 2022 – January 31, 2023

Each day a picture of a flame is posted, anyone can do this whether it’s while you’re honoring Her in some way or picture of a flame you are using or found somewhere (with proper credit given to the source/link to the image) my daily post will include the Way of Brighid Oracle Draw.

Brighid is the Goddess of, Healing, Smithcraft, Poetry & is a member of the Tuatha de Danaan tribe from Celtic times in Ireland.

January 31 is Brighid’s’ day eve when people would make their Brighid’s Crosses out of rushes for protection in the healing of the home to be hung over a door. On February 1 they would burn the one from the year before. They also made Brigid’s dolls with corn husks & a cradle for the doll. Imbolc is the day that is celebrated on February 1, is our Sabbat Imbolc & it starts a new year of tending Brigid’s Flame. Every 19 days she tends the flame herself. For the purposes of this setting, every other Sunday we will have Brighid tend the Flame with a picture of Her in place of the flame.

Guided Meditation to Meet with the Goddess Brighid - 15 minutes

paul-bulai-XOQJa4OC8P0-unsplash (1)
Image Source Credit

There will also be an oracle draw with each of my posts only using the Way of Brighid Oracle Cards. I ask the cards to send the coven a message that needs to be heard. Even if it’s a duplicate draw, I will still post the 1 that was drawn first or jumpers.

The Way of Brighid Oracle Cards

Maiden of Spring

• For Birth

Brighid appears as a young maiden in the spring, leaving snowdrops in her wake as she moves across the land.

Now is the time for you to consider what metaphysical seeds you have been germinating. The newness and rebirth of spring have arrived in your life, bringing the opportunity to nourish and tend to these seeds. Allow yourself to give life to an idea, a dream, or a new venture.

YOU ARE GIVING BIRTH TO A DREAM

Anyone who works with Brighid or feels like they want to post a flame :fire: :candle: may do so on any given day. This is open to the entire forum’s participation should you feel called to share a flame & spend some time with Brighid along with the coven :infinite_roots:

I hope everyone has a great Imbolc & year going forward!

16 Likes
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! May 9 - 15 :black_cat:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jun 6 - 12 :first_quarter_moon:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jun 13 - 19 :strawberry:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jun 20 - 26 :sunflower:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jun 20 - 26 :sunflower:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 28 - Mar 6 :new_moon_with_face:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! June 27 - July 3 :new_moon_with_face:
Introduction of myself Hello
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 21 - 27 :last_quarter_moon_with_face:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Mar 7 - 13 :first_quarter_moon:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 28 - Mar 6 :new_moon_with_face:
Merry Meet Monday- Magick News of the Week! Jan 31 :cherry_blossom:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 7 :first_quarter_moon_with_face:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Mar 14 - 20 :blossom:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 14 :rose:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! May 30 - Jun 5 :candle:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! May 16 - 22 :full_moon_with_face:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Mar 21 - 27 :last_quarter_moon:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! May 23 - 29 :waning_crescent_moon:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Mar 28 - Apr 3 :new_moon_with_face:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Apr 4 - 10 :blossom:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Apr 11 - 17 :full_moon:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Apr 18 - 24 :milky_way:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Apr 25 - May 1 :black_circle:
Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! May 2 - 8 :herb:
April, May, June 2022 Single Oracle/Rune/Tarot

Great message today! Very timely. Thank you for sharing these!

7 Likes

This is such a fitting card to pull today :heart: I love it, thank you!

7 Likes

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Each day a picture of a flame is posted, anyone can do this whether it’s while you’re honoring Her in some way or picture of a flame you are using or found somewhere (with proper credit given to the source/link to the image) my daily post will include the Way of Brighid Oracle Draw.

Brighid is the Goddess of Healing, Smithcraft, Poetry & is a member of the Tuatha de Danaan tribe from Celtic times in Ireland.

I hope everyone had a great Imbolc & start to February. My Peanut went back to school yesterday & as the day went on the roads got better, but this snow isn’t going anywhere soon.

Image Source Credit

Hearth Fire

• For Peace

Brighid blesses the hearth and home with peace and protection. Each night our Irish ancestors smoored the fire, asking Brighid to watch over the coals and keep them alive until the morrow.

Kindle your own hearth fire in the heart of your home. If you have no fireplace, a large well-protected candle offers the same intention. Light this candle each night as an offering of gratitude to Brighid. Receive her blessing. Allow your hearth and home to be infused with peace and protection.

YOU ARE FILLED WITH PEACE

Anyone who works with Brighid or feels like they want to post a flame may do so on any given day. This is open to the entire forum’s participation should you feel called to share a flame & spend some time with Brighid along with the coven :infinite_roots:

Today should be a good day, I’m going to coffee :coffee: with my friend & then the usual home stuff until the other home dwellers arrive here after their… school/work. I hope everyone else has a great day too!

9 Likes

I definitely feel the need for peace today, especially as we’re trying to finish up a homeschool project and my child is 8 going on 13 :unamused: :woman_facepalming:t3:

7 Likes

Thursday, February 3, 2022,

Tending Brighid’s Flame February 1, 2022 – January 31, 2023

Each day, a picture of fire is posted; anyone can do this whether it’s while you’re honoring Her or a flame that you find somewhere (with proper credit given to the source/link to the image). My daily post will include the Way of Brighid Oracle Draw.

• Brighid is the Goddess of Healing, Smithcraft, Poetry & is a member of the Tuatha de Danaan tribe from Celtic times in Ireland.

The week has been weird for me because my husband & son worked through the weekend, so it seems like it’s earlier in the week than it is for me. I did cleanse my space with Sage & all of my items & tools & jewelry… then I did a New Moon ritual for my 2 to become 1. Dark with the Light.

Ireland

• For Pilgrimage

Ireland beckons pilgrims from all over the world to her sacred sites, places of spiritual significance for over 5,000 years. Many of Brighid’s wells are pilgrimage destinations.

Brighid asks you to consider embarking on a personal journey to a place that offers peace, inspiration, and reflection. Where would you go and how would you spend your time there? Make it happen! You will rejoin the world recharged and inspired by connecting with the Divine and your inner self.

YOU ARE A PILGRIM SEEKING TRUTH

I got through as much of our taxes as I could yesterday. I’m just not sure if I am waiting for anything else from anyone. So I’m giving it a little time before I finalize them.

I started some mild Shadow Work yesterday because of the heavy stuff I do with my counselor once a week. But this way, I don’t start crying because I’m storing it all inside.

8 Likes

Friday, February 4, 2022,

• Brighid is the Goddess of Healing, Smithcraft, Poetry & is a member of the Tuatha de Danaan tribe from Celtic times in Ireland.

I hope everyone has a great day. We have warmer temperatures & rain today. So some residual icy spots & lots of slushy & heavy snow. Ick.

Goddess of Poetry

• For a Creative Lifestyle

Ancient bards of Ireland invoked Brighid to inspire their words. Today she is a muse of all creative works.

Where in your life would you like to be more creative? Make a decision to start a creative endeavor like journaling, spinning wool, making jewelry, or creating art. Take time today and every day to nurture the creative aspect of yourself. Call upon Brighid for inspiration. Allow your creative works to ignite the spark of your true self.

YOU ARE CREATIVE

Shadow work anyone? Since I have been up since 1:30 AM I did some journaling that led to some starter shadow work that left me in tears. So we are taking a break. Peanut is up & getting ready for school & then I will drop her off & with the Morrigan’s assistance, I will continue for a little while today. I need to get this resolved or it’s going to eat me alive. It feels good to combine the shadow work with some journaling of mundane & things I’ve discovered. Then I will ask for assistance processing & healing from Brighid when I am done. I am going to make up some of Brighid’s incense today. I made up the Morrigan’s yesterday.

10 Likes

I hope that with the Goddess’s assistance that they will see you through this and you’ll be feeling better later. You can get through this, you are strong. Forged in the fire.

7 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst. I appreciate you being my friend since my first day here :hugs: I just don’t feel very strong or like I know what to do. I keep being told that I do know what to do, I just can’t think of what that is, like grasping at straws sometimes.

Since I have been up since 1:30 AM, I have done a little bit of shadow work & journaling. I asked my friend if we could go for a coffee :coffee: because I need to talk to someone that doesn’t have 4 paws & sleeps next to me while I talk his ear off :dog: :joy:

6 Likes

See, you do know what to do! Journal, talk to a friend, go see a counselor. All these things help, it just takes time. If you ever need to talk, PM me, and I’ll try to be there. If I’m not at the doctor’s or napping I’m usually at my computer.

6 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst. I appreciate that :two_hearts: I’m doing okay. I’m not completely stuck, just wiggling my way through right now. :joy:

5 Likes

Sending you lots of love, darling! You’ll wiggle through!

5 Likes

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle! :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Saturday, February 5, 2022

We had rain wash away the surface stuff… then it was like ice snow last night & the cars are covered & my son has been at work since 3 AM doing sanding & salting on the roads for the county. I apparently have switched up my sleep schedule where I am falling asleep on the couch early evening & awake in the middle of the night. I’m going to have to stop naps again because this is no bueno.

Image Source Credit

Way of Brighid Oracle Draw

Prayer

• For Quieting the Mind

Brighid believed in the power of prayer to heal the body, nourish the mind and transform the spirit.

Brighid calls upon you to quiet your mind and communicate with the Divine. Begin by practicing intentional breath work: 3 – 5 deep breaths to ease the mind and center the body. Use prayer as means to talk with the Divine and meditation to listen. Allow the stillness to infuse your being with deep peace.

YOU ARE THE PRAYER

It’s Saturday, I’m taking this day to do whatever comes to mind whether it’s something or taking it easy. I’m hoping to get through some laundry once my husband wakes up & checks the washing machine. No rush, he put in a lot of hours so he can sleep away some of the week this weekend before anything needs to be done around the house.

7 Likes

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Today I am resting from the wonders of what goes on in my head from years past. I’ve done enough this week & over the last 2 weeks, that it’s no wonder my sleep was disturbed & I wasn’t feeling like myself. But, today I feel much better, I must have needed yesterday to happen. I did fall asleep around 8:30 PM on the couch by midnight I was in my bed & I didn’t officially wake up until just about 6 AM. I’ll take the win.

Image Source Credit

The Way of Brighid Oracle Draw

Honey

• For the Sweetness of Life

A divine gift from the magical bees, Brighid and the Celtic people revered honey, as a mighty healer for the body.

Allow the honey to help you recall the sweetness in your life. What are 3 things that have enhanced this day for you? Give yourself the gift of being totally present to experience the sweetness. Give gratitude. Allow yourself to feel the beauty of life, like the flowers that inspire and nurture the bees.

YOU ARE FILLED WITH GRATITUDE

Even though we had some icy/snow flurries & my son was out salting & shoveling & whatnot Friday night into Saturday morning, he has today off. My husband & daughter have the day off, now my oldest son, he likes to keep it mysterious when it comes to when he is working, but we are still having a nice dinner & I think we are all just hanging around the house today. We’ll have to find something to binge watch because below 9 degrees… I’m not sitting outside by the fire. :rofl:

Side note: I’m not good with Calendar apps, is there a way for a reminder to be set for every 19 days? Technically the 19th day, Brighid Tends the Flame, but for right now & until I find a way to repeat it every 19 days, we are doing it every other Sunday.

7 Likes

Monday, February 7, 2022

I had a really good Sunday, I made progress with spending time with my family & relaxing. I did gratitude honoring for Brighid for her assistance with recovery/healing yesterday. Today will be another good day, except that everyone goes to work or school & then it’s just the pups & I. We’ll be okay though. It’s just really cold this morning! So I’ll be mostly inside. :smiling_face:

Dandelion

• For Illumination

A humble weed, dandelion is one of Brighid’s favorite healing herbs.

Allow dandelion, an herb of the sun, to bring you the gift of illumination. Dandelion asks you to open your heart and ground your center. Allow yourself to be filled with healing golden light. Focus on where in your life you can open, like a dandelion in the sun, to receive Brighid’s gift of illumination. Allow it to fill your heart and soul.

YOU ARE LIGHT

My sleep has gotten better the last couple of nights. Better at least. I’m not wide awake at 2:30 AM. I’m usually up at 5 AM. I have some things to do while my guys get ready to go to work. My son was kind of grumpy this morning, so I just had to let it go when I found myself overthinking about it why he was that way when I was trying to help him & just made his lunch & added extra hand & toe warmers to his lunchbox. Everyone has grumpy mornings, especially when you can’t find your keys.

7 Likes

So glad to hear you’re sleeping better! And yeah, everyone has grumpy mornings. Hopefully, he’ll come back home in a better mood.

5 Likes

My husband said it took him a little while, but he is back to being himself now. I think he was up late last night & paid for it this morning. :sleeping:

4 Likes

Ah, my night was too short grumps. I have felt those myself! LOL!

5 Likes

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

1 appointment at 9 AM then my daughter will be home by 12:30 PM today, half-day for staff development. Other than that just some house stuff to do & a couple of errands to run.

ricardo-gomez-angel--98jVaVuGv0-unsplash
Image Source Credit - Unsplash

Brighid’s Cross

• For Protection

In Ireland, Brighid’s crosses are woven from spring reeds on Brighid’s Day, February 1. These crosses are hung above doorways to invoke Brighid’s protection over home, hearth, and household.

Call upon Brighid today and ask for her protection over an aspect of your domestic life: your family and pets, the hearth or heart center of your home, the physical space and energies that reside there. Allow yourself to feel her blessing and protection.

YOU ARE PROTECTED

My fault I’m up early, I got caught up in family & dinner & relaxing with them all that I never took my insomnia medicine. So, I have been up since 4 AM :grinning: I don’t mind, since I do have a morning appointment, I can get Brighid’s Flame Tended & my Oracle draw up!

I hope everyone has a great day. I did wind up making up some of Brighid’s incense & wound up with 2 small jars of it! That should last a while.

7 Likes