Testing a New Deck

Hey everyone!

I posted about my awesome find at the thrift shop and wanted to give my new tarot deck a spin before adding it to my collection for professional readings.

Post below with an emoji for a general reading or a question you want to be answered and I’ll pull a card or two for you! This is just for fun, so if I don’t get to you right away, please be patient.

Also, if you don’t want me to post publicly, please let me know so I can send you a message instead :heart:

This is with the Crystal Visions Tarot!

If you feel so inclined, you can also tip if you want :grin:

6 Likes

Ooh this deck looks beaut! Let’s go for a general reading please! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I own Decks that I will never read. I keep them for their beauty and to meditate on. In difficult times I search them for wisdom.

5 Likes

General reading, please. :grin:

3 Likes

Here ya go, Lime! :heart:

King of Swords

You stand tall and convicted in your beliefs and opinions, leading with rationale and intellect rather than emotion. Whatever you’re facing right now, know that you may be stern, but you are just and fair in your decisions.

6 Likes

Your turn!

Knight of Swords

You are ready for action. Even though you may be foreceful at times, your heart is in the right place and you are putting your energy where it is needed. Your truth will propel you forward and guide you to the right action for you.

7 Likes

I don’t know if I could keep a deck that I don’t read with. The imagery may be beautiful, but if I don’t resonate with a deck I typically end up gifting it to someone else.

5 Likes

I’d like a general reading too, but just about tomorrow (relative to the day you answer of course, no pressure!) :smiley_cat:

6 Likes

Hi Krista! :heart:

Ace of Cups, Reversed

New connections are headed your way and you will be tempted to jump into them quickly and without thinking it through.

6 Likes

Hi Megan, thank you for the reading! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Curious to see what tomorrow brings now :smile_cat:

Oh, what’s your opinion on doing “comparative” readings, like if I did one with my deck asking the same question? No idea if it’s something people generally find disrespectful, but I have a feeling it might be…

6 Likes

:hugs: Whee! General reading, please.

3 Likes

Go for it! I don’t mind at all.

6 Likes

I got Five of Cups reversed. I’d interpret it as feelings from my past coming to haunt me, but this time I’m ready to face them. Combined I’d even say that whatever the new connection might be, my past feelings may try to intervene in making a decision what to do and it would be very tempting to go along with them, but in the end I’ll have the willpower to resist it. Curious that we both drew a Cup card and a reversed one at that… :smile_cat:

5 Likes

The decks I speak of are expensive and delicate and the artwork is extremely meticulous. They’re not your average Ryder Waite Smith clone or LeTarot de Marseilles. But that’s just me.

5 Likes

That sounds like a good enough interpretation to me! The Five of Cups is generally about loss and grief, so if something from your past is coming forward to influence your decisions, that would make sense!

Ahh yes, I would probably hang on to decks like that, too.

6 Likes

Thank you, @MeganB. This card is needed today. :wink:

5 Likes

You’re welcome! Glad I could help :hugs:

4 Likes

@MeganB if you still have time I’ll be a guinea pig for a general reading.

3 Likes

@John I get it… I have some decks but I know little or nothing about reading cards…I just love the art. I try to do layouts with them sometimes but I get nervous not knowing enough about what I am doing to feel comfortable using them… they intimidate me a bit - I am learning.

3 Likes

So, about today! :smiley_cat:

No new connections for today, but Ace of Cups reversed feels like a good card to describe the day! Since waking up I’ve been in a very practical mindset, wanting to and getting things done at home and not really feeling like meeting people. Recharging those social and emotional energies that I’ve been using a lot lately! :zap::heart:

5 Likes