The flowers called to me

I went food shopping yesterday. They had bunches of Irises and I just couldn’t resist… I saved the other flowers from the last bunch as they have plenty of life still.

16 Likes

How very pretty! I love purple!

7 Likes

I love roses, I have a big jar with roses from my wedding, anniversaries, birthdays etc, that’s a lot of roses.
But I have to say my favorite flowers are Queen Anne’s lace and Black eyed Susan’s
they make me smile.

8 Likes

My favorite flowers after roses are dandelions. They’re so resourceful and keep coming back no matter how many times you try to get rid of them.

7 Likes

I love dandelions but bad memories. We ran around barefoot and our
feet would get filthy and the liquid from the plant seemed to set the stains on our feet. Well, Mother would sit us down and with scouring powder and a scrub brush she scrubbed out feet until they were pink again. Can you say ouch. I did like to blow the full white seeds into the wind. Thanks for the memory.G

5 Likes

Bright and colorful! How perfect that you found your flower namesake to bring home and add more joy to your space, @IrisW :purple_heart: Thanks for sharing- always love to see lovely bouquets! :bouquet:

5 Likes

These are beautiful!!

7 Likes

You’re welcome @Garnet! I’m just sorry I had you remembering being scrubbed too! I never really ran around barefoot too much, I was always afraid I’d step on a bug of some sort and get stung.

3 Likes

It wasn’t necessarily a bad memory, just a funny one.

3 Likes

Oh good! I wouldn’t want to traumatize you.

2 Likes

The Irises are looking beautiful today…

And my dried flowers aren’t bad, I’m just not sure what I’m going to do with them. Might keep one on my altar and take the petals off the others…

6 Likes

Beautiful flowers! And the dried ones came out nicely! Who knows what potions you could use them in, I’m jealous!

4 Likes

The colors are stunning, @IrisW! :heart_eyes: Such a beautiful arrangement :bouquet: As for the dried flowers, they could make a lovely dried arrangement kept in a vase or bottle, or a lovely sprinkling of dried petals around your altar space :cherry_blossom: Enjoy them! :blush:

5 Likes

Your bouquet of flowers are very lovely, I dont have those here where I am from, however they are really worth the attention.:heart_eyes:…Nice

5 Likes