The truth behind Friday the 13th 🐈‍⬛

I’m glad to hear other people enjoy/have fun ties with Friday the 13th too @Christina4 and @MeganB :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

No worries, @Amethyst- I hope this is a wonderful day for you full of great things. Make it yours- claim Friday the 13th as your special day too! :grin:

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Chelsey1! Now there’s a great reason to celebrate Friday the 13th- have an awesome bday! :birthday::partying_face:

Very interesting about Tuesday, @praecog29 and @Francisco! Personally, I would have to agree. Friday is a fun day before the weekend- but Tuesday? Not even halfway through the week- dreadful! :joy:

And on the note of unlucky days/numbers in other cultures- in parts of Asia 13 is a totally normal number. I remember in Japan the taboo number was 4- pronounced the same way as the word “death”, many buildings in Japan don’t have a 4th floor. Elevators go from floor number 3 to floor 5 :laughing:

12 Likes

That’s very interesting because it’s the same here in the USA but just with the number 13 :scream: I can totally understand why four there would be a taboo number though.

6 Likes

@christina4, I agree with you! Always loved the number 13 and still do. I never found it to be unlucky. Like the article says. You put your mind on a thought and that thought becomes your reality. My mom is born on a 13th as well. And she gets her birthday on Friday the 13th as well. I think her next one is 3 from now lol…We always made jokes about it too lol…

7 Likes

You’re absolutely right! You think your reality into existence. With your intention and making realistic goals of course. I wish more people were aware of this.

9 Likes

On Friday the 13 my friend always does tattoos cheap! So my evidence of this holiday being bad is not correct at all and Friday 13 is good and Lucky!
I wish I could have went this week but it’s to late! Maybe next time!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Next Friday (August 13th) will be a Friday the 13th!!! :black_cat:

@Amethyst shared a great (and positive!) point about Friday the 13th, so adding it in here:

Is anyone planning anything for this special occasion? :blush: Working with Hekate :old_key: or Moon Magick (looks like it will be a Waxing Cresent :waxing_crescent_moon:)

Still plenty of time to decide on magic for this unique night! :grin::+1:

Blessed be!

11 Likes

That’s something I’ve still got to think about. :thinking:

7 Likes

Travel Witch,
I am making a candle Travel Witch for Hecate!
Jeannie

9 Likes

Six years apart, most recent 2000, 2006 and 2017 on a Friday 13th in October. My mother’s birthday. :grimacing:

9 Likes

My middle son was born on a Friday the 13th and I have always considered it a very lucky number and day.

10 Likes

It’s still a ways away, @Christina4- so no rush if you’re hoping to do something to celebrate! :grin:

That’s awesome, @Jeannie1 :star_struck: Happy candle making, and may Hecate watch over and bless you this Friday the 13th! :pray:

A Friday the 13th in October sounds like a very powerful day indeed, @pedros10. As someone who finds this day lucky, I’d say it’s a blessed day for a birthday! :heart::blush:

Very lucky indeed, @moonshadow! :partying_face: :two_hearts:

9 Likes

That’s crazy because the 13 ofSeptember is my mom’s birthday and sometimes lands on a Friday :joy:

8 Likes

Interesting :nerd_face: when you’re finished, could maybe share? :pray::candle:

7 Likes

Oh wow! My mom’s birthday is also September 13th and she was born on a Friday :laughing:

7 Likes

That’s really funny!!!

6 Likes

Martes 13, así es. jajaja

It’s just curious how cultures changes things a bit.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, @BryWisteria!

We should definately do something together next week, if possible :slight_smile:

Didn’t know either about the number 4 in Japan. Lately that culture is calling me out, I feel like I have to get closer to them and/or go there, Japan amazes me completely! :japanese_ogre: Yesterday’s email mentioning their August festival is just another confirmation, haha.

Thanks again and blessed be! :japan:

6 Likes

That’s a lot of birthdays on Friday the 13th among coven members and their families- it seems like it truly is a lucky day! :astonished: :+1:

You’re very welcome, @RyuWyn! If Japan is calling to you, I highly recommend pursuing that interest :grin:. I’ve had the pleasure of visiting and living there a few times in the past- I can tell you that your instincts are right on, it’s a fascinating place with a very interesting culture! I hope you can visit there someday in the future :blush::shinto_shrine:

5 Likes

Just realized that We will be moving my youngest son to his college dorms on this Friday the 13TH coming up. I believe this is a good omen!
-many blessings!

6 Likes

That’s really exciting, @moonshadow- congrats to your son for the big move to college! Wishing you both all the best with the moving process :pray::blush::two_hearts:

6 Likes