This is one of those days

Hey all.

I’m not feeling too good today. What do you normally do to feel better?

:blue_heart:

9 Likes

If it’s physical I listen to what my body wants to be doing to recharge itself & be comfortable.

Otherwise, I try to listen to some music, sit outside, go for a short walk, write in my Book of Mirrors/journal, try to read about something that I’m learning about, basically take it a little easy & kind of go with the flow of my feelings. Sometimes that means I take a nap & watch mindless TV for a little while too.

9 Likes

Greetings @WhiteFox , I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well and i hope it passes soon. I would agree with @Siofra , if it is something physical, listen to your body. A hot shower and tea might help. If it is more mental I would shower, tea, and do meditation. I try and disconnect from all the noise that is happening around us. If it it thought related try and shift the focus to another area and find something that brings you joy as a distraction. I hope you feel better soon. Blessed be.

8 Likes

I second what @Siofra said.

If it’s a physical ick that I’m feeling I putz around with different home remedies until I find something that makes me comfortable

But for spiritual ick and residual garbage from spell work or shadow work, burnout etc I try to listen to soothing music, do a spiritual cleansing, ground myself by walking around outside barefoot (before I was nearly 7 months pregnant I’d have gone up the mountain and hiked some of my favorite trailheads and upon reaching my destination, which was usually a stream or waterfall, would put my bare feet in the water or walk around in the soil and rocks with bare feet), meditation and journaling have become my go to remedies for spiritual healing because it allows me to dig deep into the cause of the icky feeling and then pour out my feelings about it on paper so that I don’t have to carry all the garbage around with me.

8 Likes

For physical complaints and ails, I do what soothes. A shower or bath, a cup of tea or some homemade chicken soup, soft comfortable clothes, maybe a blanket, and if need be, a couple of Advil! Lol! (Edit: reading this back, it seems that warm things are soothing to me, might not be true for you.)

For non physical things, I spend a moment meditating on what I feel most drawn to do. Then I decide if I should go do what I am drawn to, or its opposite. The opposite is usually something physically exertive in my case. If I feel like sitting and doing something mindless, sometimes I do. If I am feeling lonely or depressed or something like that and just want to sit, I do the opposite! Get some exercise, outdoors in nature if possible. Think of it as moving toward what you are attempting to manifest (feeling better). There are science-y reasons, too.

This definitely takes self discipline, but Are We Not Witches?

6 Likes

You’ve gotten some great advice so far. Again it depends on if you’re physically icky or mentally. Either way, if it goes on too long I’d see a doctor just in case there was something wrong like Covid or depression or something.

But mostly I read to feel better. Escape into a fantasy world and take your mind off things. Or see a movie that you love. Something to get your focus off of what you’re feeling down about.

I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

6 Likes

I second what everyone else said, it depends on what pain. But for mental, I use journaling prompts or the app called Intellect is good for that. Or I meditate, lay down, reach out to a friend, text the hotline (mental health).

For pain, I actually just made a post for a healing jar spell.

Or I would lay down, call a Dr., Take aspirin, it depends …

I hope you feel better soon!!! :candle::pleading_face::candle:

7 Likes

Awww sorry to hear you are having a bad day :heartpulse: I think the other members have got great ideas about doing what makes you comfortable, happy and able to wind down. As mentioned, listen to what your body wants… I my experience its usually my brain that needs the break as i am a very deep thinker and i can get lost playing out scenarios in my head and trying to multitask and worry about events that haven’t even happened so i usually take a nap to calm down or watch tv too to keep my mind off thinks… Sometime all were need is to do a little meditation and it can change our entire mood…

6 Likes

I’m surprised of all the answers I got. Thank you all for your comments and advice :blue_heart:, I certainly feel better now. For those that were asking; it was everything at the same time, physically, mentally, and spiritually. It seems that I’m pushing myself too hard to be perfect at anything I do and sometimes I just hurt myself.

I’ll spend today in focusing on self love, patience, and compassion, and of course all the good things that you guys said.

One song that covers what I feel is “Morning Song” by Eivør, sometimes our clouded minds wants to take us down but it’s not who we are.

Gracias a todos de nuevo. And blessed be! :blue_heart:

5 Likes

You are very welcome! We do what we can for each other when we can. If you need to chat please feel free to reach out! :heart: :infinite_roots:

I do the same things to myself, seems like I push myself to the extreme before I realize that’s what I’m doing & then I need a day or 2 to get back to being myself. It’s a work in progress for me right now. I’m getting better at taking my time & taking a break for myself.

4 Likes

I’m happy to know that I’m not alone in this. You can also reach me out whenever you need. :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Thank you so much. It is much appreciated! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Yesterday I was out dining on a sushi restaurant, and for no reason certain memories put me down. Even though I didn’t do anything to lift my spirit up, is when my mind was focus to attend the call of my nephew, that wanted me to give him advice for a long situation he’s going through his life.
I know, normally in my state, is for not take the call and to listen to someone else problems. But I was compelled to answer his call, in which we spent almost 3 hours talking, in between his situation but also of good memories and funny moments.
You my fellow and lovely witches might ask; but what this comment of mine has to do with @WhiteFox post?
Well my honest answer is, DON’T HAVE THE SLICED IDEA OF WHY I’M WRITING THIS.
The thing I do know is that like WhiteFox and all of you out there, you’re not alone. I know that life isn’t a nice walk in the park, but it doesn’t mean that you have to deprived your life with good things. With nice people that can give you that boost to positive things, and to be around them. And at least to change that moment of sadness to true love and caring to yourself and to others, in which is worth to invest time with.

3 Likes

Sometimes helping others is a way to give yourself a boost. This is a documented technique . I also agree that sometimes being with and talking to others can create a transfer of soothing energy.

3 Likes

@pedros10 i agree you are definitely not alone. Sometimes just telling someone about your day helps. I hope your nephew is feeling better. He is lucky to have an uncle like you to help him out

5 Likes

I find perfect sense in everything you said. Sometimes we just need someone to listen to our worries, and I’m thankful and certainly blessed to have you all.

Gracias por tus palabras, Pedro. Espero nos podamos ver pronto :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That reminds me of one of the best anime shows I’ve ever seen; Avatar, and it couldn’t be more true.

5 Likes

Normally I’d say a little vanilla vodka in my coffee, but with the new med.
I’m on for arthritis, I can’t drink, even the tiniest drop. But that’s ok, I don’t have terrible leg pains anymore. Sometimes you just count your blessings.

6 Likes

I’m glad you’re felling better :heartpulse:

4 Likes