Thoughts About The Sea

Returned Friday from two days at the beach.

At one point I was standing in the water thinking about the waves, a product of air and water. As I stood under the blazing sun, with my feet on the sandy bottom, I reaIized the intersection of Water, Air, Earth and Fire. I also thought of the tides and the moon and the rhythms of it all. I made a silent prayer for the waves to cleanse and refresh me.

Then a big wave knocked me on my butt. Careful what you wish for.

13 Likes

I’m sorry to have laughed but that just proves to me that Mother Nature has a sense of humor. Still, it sounds like a beautiful moment. I wish I would get to the ocean.

10 Likes

Go ahead and laugh - I did!

9 Likes

I giggled too because been there, done that
“Ahhh, this is so peaceful, I feel so connected”
Enter rogue wave, connecting me to the sand :laughing:

10 Likes

Ah, Mother Nature at her best :sweat_smile: it’s a true…be careful what you wish for.

@Amethyst Im with you, I haven’t been to the ocean in forever that I long for it! There’s no ocean nearby anyhow. Geeze, I haven’t even been swimming in years!

10 Likes

Standing in the ocean, and swimming in it, are spiritual experiences in my opinion. In my practice, the liminal space between the three realms of Land, Sea, and Sky are encompassed by standing at the point where land, sea, and sky all meet – on the beach with my toes in the sand!

10 Likes

10000% I recently went to the coast and felt that feeling too. Another thing of the sea is infinity :infinity: How vast it is, and that you could fall off the face of the earth past the horizon.

9 Likes

Agreed, @anon87969570! Every trip to the beach is different, but each visit is a breathtaking experience- sometimes literally breathtaking! :laughing: :ocean: The ocean is a wild thing. It’s alluring despite its dangers, and enticing because of its magical mystery! :sparkles:

My family has lived by the sea for generations- I spent quite a good chunk of my childhood by the beach and in the water. I miss it terribly! :ocean::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

That’s one of the few things I miss about moving from where I grew up, the sea. When we were on holiday in Cornwall I couldn’t wait just to paddle and feel wet sand squelching between my toes.

And I also laughed as I’ve had similar things happen to me! :rofl:

7 Likes

Yes, I believe that as well! It’s always been highly spiritual for me. It’s my happy place!!! (Shh! Lol)

6 Likes