Time Waster/ Anxiety Buster

Good Day! I just had to share the coloring app that I use as a time waster/ anxiety buster. I know it is available on Android, not sure about iPhone. It is called “Paint by Number” and looks like this:
Screenshot_20220719-161354_Game Launcher

I’ve always loved the pictures this app has but they have recently upped their game. Here are just a few of the pagan related pictures I’ve completed while under COVID’s influence.

There are also images of dragons, faeries, and other creatures.

11 Likes

Oh wow, those are awesome!

7 Likes

I really liked seeing the last one! It sounds very relaxing to do too. How long does it usually take to complete one picture?

7 Likes

I really like the pictures they have! I know that regular coloring helped me with my anxiety, I’ve never tried virtual coloring! Thank you for sharing!

6 Likes

That sounds amazing, @Amaris_Bane! A way to soothe anxiety, create something beautiful (without the mess lol), and enjoy some lovely artwork- I’m sold! :grinning:

I’ll definitely be looking into this app- thank you so much for the recommendation! :heart:

4 Likes

@Francisco, it depends on the picture. Some are really simple so it takes only a few minutes. Others are made up of lots of little pieces so it takes quite a bit longer. I think the longest one was around 20 minutes. It was a image you could use as a background on your phone and the pieces were tiny. Plus there was 97 colors! I’ll add some pictures of what the pictures look like before coloring in shortly.

@Susurrus, I love regular coloring too. This was actually suggested by my psychiatrist for when I’m out and about. It helps keep my mind occupied (ADHD) while still calming me (anxiety). I will still break out the crayons and adult coloring books at home from time to time.

@BryWisteria, yes! I have tried painting in the past but I just make a mess, lol. This is much easier.

6 Likes

Adding some before pictures.

Some pictures will have hard outlines for each block of color.

Zoomed in slightly

Some will be more like a painting with outlines but the colors blends more together.

Zoomed in

And some are a complete mystery until you finish them. These are my favorite! You never know what you end up with or the level of “difficulty.”

They have a section called “For You” and the fill it with images based on what you color in the most. Mine is filled with witches, fantasy creatures, and nature pictures.

6 Likes

This sounds intriguing & like something I need for when I need to not think about EVERYTHING

6 Likes

As if you already didn’t have me sold on this, the pictures you are sharing are just :kissing_closed_eyes: :ok_hand: 100% my aesthetic- what a fun collection! And the surprise ones!?! I feel like it would be easy to get addicted to this :joy::+1:

I still need to download the app, but in the meantime I bought two paint-by-number picture kits yesterday because I just kept thinking about how fun this looks- can’t wait for them to arrive! :art::grinning:

5 Likes

I have one of a pit bull (my breed of choice for many years now) that I purchased several years ago and haven’t finished. :joy::joy::joy: I just find other things to work on. I’m the odd one out in my family that I’m the only one that doesn’t have a creative bone in my body. But that’s why I ended up with a Masters in Biochemistry (Molecular Genetics) and owning a cybersecurity consulting company. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t feel like creativity is limited to just the “arts”- you found a way to pursue your interest and came up with a way to turn your passion into a working livelihood, which is very creative if you ask me! :grinning: Every business has to apply creativity in some way- you created a business and used ingenuity to make it successful! Give yourself more credit, my friend- you sound like a very smart and creative person to me :heart::blush:

Awwww that sounds like a cute picture! :heart_eyes: I got one of flowers and one of the ocean, but I think if I saw a cute cat one (and I am sure they are out there lol) I probably couldn’t resist either :laughing: :+1: :art:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.