Today's Dr. Phil

On the show Dr. Phil he’s supposed to have a real witch on today’s show. I thought y’all might be interested in watching. On one hand, I want to see if she is treated well and fairly and on the other hand I’m afraid the whole thing will set my hair on fire.

Of course, her in-laws hate her because she’s stolen their son or some such crap. Really it sounds like it’s going to be a cluster and I’m afraid to look away.

14 Likes

I might watch this just to see how it plays out.

9 Likes

It’s either going to be great or a dumpsterfire. You can’t look away! LOL!

10 Likes

What time is dr phil on?

5 Likes

Different times on different stations, but typically in the afternoon. Here it’s three and four pm.

5 Likes

Oooooo the drama! Actually it does sound like an interesting show to see how she is portrayed and edited.

A friend of mine and I were actually talking about Dr. Phil last night at work. Mentioning how in the 2000s his show was so genuine and about helping people. Now it’s kind of like a Maury Povich of this day.

10 Likes

I hav a bad feeling it’s going to be a dumpster fire. There’s still so much misinformation about witches out there—who we are, what we believe and how we practice.
Shows like Jerry Springer and Maury treat people’s problems like a form of entertainment. Sadly, Dr. Phil is becoming just like them, from what I’ve heard. I won’t get a chance to watch it, but it’ll be interesting to see how things play out.

EDIT: From Dr. Phil’s website.

9 Likes

I’ve got to watch this Dr. Phil show at 3 pm for me here in BC. Sounds like it could be a witch hunt from the parent’s side and a loving husband supporting his witchy wife.

7 Likes

Yeah, Dr. Phil is getting predictable which is sad. I hope she’s portrayed okay but so far they’re editing bits and pieces and she’s sounding like a weirdo.

Me too. I’m watching and though they’re showing bits and pieces of her doing a spell they did add the An Harm to None quote so that’s good. Still, it’s early yet, the dumpster fire may happen.

He seems very supportive, which is nice!

8 Likes

So, I must have missed this episode today. It sounds as if it has already aired. Was it a predictable dumpster fire?

I wish people would just let everyone be, and allow them to be free in their own beliefs without sarcasm, shame, and plain ol jokes. Its these things that make me keep my beliefs and practice to myself and my family (and now here in this safe and beautiful community). I only hope she was not made to be a joke or ridiculed on national television.

7 Likes

It’s on right now, here, but it may be on later for you. It wasn’t too bad, the mother-in-law came off as judgmental. The witch didn’t come off too flakey, thank goodness.

7 Likes

It definitely wasn’t the worst Dr. Phil episode I’ve seen. Predictable? Yes. Everyone was aggressive, but the witch seemed to be able to explain witchcraft a a basic level even under pressure. I’m also mostly surprised that Dr. Phil still shows signs of being biased after years of doing this.

10 Likes

Well, I just watched it on an earlier channel. The daughter-in-law seemed quite able to explain the basics of witchcraft, even when being under attack by the mother-in-law. She even told the mother-in-law that she forgave her a long time ago. The mother-in-law seemed to be aggressive towards the daughter-in-law. Watching the show I feel the son took control of their lives, along with the kids to have nothing to do with his mother and stepfather, and said if anyone (friends or relatives) wanted to talk with Cory, then there was the phone. But no one called. In the last year, their phone number was changed so they could live in peace. The daughter-in-law portrayed herself as a witch very good. Cory was just fully tired of the attacks against his wife, her as a narcissist, her as attacking the mother. For me as watching this episode, I feel the mother was the one doing all the attacking.

4 Likes

I can feel the heat from the fire just reading that ad for the show. Clearly, no one working on the PR, Marketing, or associated with the show has no idea what Wicca actually means & I have also wondered if most people think that when you say you are a witch in their mind they think… Wiccan. When I was in my teens, I assumed they were interchangeable. Looking back, I was practicing the craft & learning from someone who was a close friend. We never specifically labeled it Wicca, we always said the craft or referred to ourselves as witches.

I’m going to have decline actually watching it, but if there is a discussion about it afterward, I would be interested to find out how it was handled.

The last time I paid attention to Dr. Phil was with the “Cash Me Outside” girl he had on a couple of times. After that & the same realization, I kind of stay away from Dr. Phil, who holds degrees in different aspects of psychology from Bachelor’s, Masters, & Doctorate but is not licensed to practice anything (& now due to ethics he won’t be able to get licensed) & he let his original credentials expire in 2006. He just plays one on TV now, so needs the ratings to have a job

Is Dr. Phil a Real Doctor?
Is the Doctor In?

8 Likes

The only time I got really irate is when Dr. Phil scoffed at burning negativity away in her cauldron. He was like, and that works? If I was that witch I would have slapped that mother-in-law in the freezer by now.

Yeah, the daughter-in-law did a pretty good job. Stood up for herself without looking too angry. The mother was definitely judgemental.

They played the ol’ switcheroo, for the most part, to get viewers, at least I think so. While they mentioned the daughter-in-law was a witch they didn’t explain anything about it, she did but the show didn’t. But the mother-in-law was the focus of the show. My hair didn’t catch on fire. It was predictable but I was nicely surprised.

8 Likes

I don’t watch these type of programs, it’s like inviting anger into my home.
I’m also mostly surprised that Dr. Phil still shows signs of being biased after years of doing this.
Sometimes when an individual feels threatened, they become angry. Perhaps Dr. Phil felt his “Christian beliefs’ were being threatened by something that may have made sense.” It happens.
Our job as witches isn’t to recruit anyone, our job is to practice with the ethics we decided on when we chose our field of expertise.
Stay safe and be Blessed
Garnet

8 Likes

I was proud of the witch who was on, she got a couple of good claps from the audience on her stance that it’s up to her kids to choose what they believe.

5 Likes

Not only do I not watch these shows, I also won’t watch the news unless it’s the weather. Anything happening in my town isn’t going to be on mainstream media unless it’s some kind of tragedy or weather-related. I get too worked up by the negativity & irate. It’s not worth it. Most of the time I look out the window or walk outside to see what the weather is like :rofl:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.