Too early for Halloween or not? 🎃

So it’s started. The spooky decorations are showing up on my Facebook feed and there are already costume ideas floating around.

I love Halloween as much as the next witch, but isn’t it just too early? We have two harvest celebrations first! It’s not even August yet! What do you guys think?

17 Likes

I personally think it’s a little bit too early too! :grimacing:

7 Likes

I vote for too early. School hasn’t even started yet. Personally I wish they would wait until after labor day.

8 Likes

No it’s never too early for Halloween :jack_o_lantern:
Plus, it’s my daughter’s birthday :balloon:

12 Likes

I’ll confess to having purchased some Halloween goodies from TK Maxx… :jack_o_lantern:

10 Likes

I agree! Well, about the never being too early! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Late July/Early August is never too early for my favorite time of the year! :fallen_leaf: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :maple_leaf:

8 Likes

Never! I LOVE Halloween all year around :grin: I bought my first halloween decor for this year just last week. Im so excited to start seeing stuff come into stores :jack_o_lantern: :orange_heart:

9 Likes

I love Halloween! But I believe each holiday has their time. While I may purchase decorations, I won’t put anything up until October. And I absolutely refuse to acknowledge Yule/Christmas (for my Christian relatives) until after Thanksgiving.

6 Likes

I have some of my Halloween goodies incorporated into my altar for Hekate. My purple gonk and this adorable bat are next to my desk…

12 Likes

8 Likes

I know, bats are totally adorable. I follow an rescue bat charity on Facebook and their little faces make me squee!

8 Likes

I follow a couple of wild life rescues on IG and they have bats from time to time. I always get excited when they have them and get obsessed, lol! To me they are flying puppies. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one!

I bet she’s had some fun birthday parties!

But still, late July?!

LOL! Well, it’s never too early to shop, otherwise, it might be gone when you want it.

July?! Too early for me. Let the kids get back in school first. Get that out of the way first.

See, I was tempted to leave my witch statue out all year, but I put it away last year and I’m glad I did. I wouldn’t have been looking forward to it as much as I am now that it is getting closer.

That’s how I am. No Halloween decorating till after the First Day of Fall, and no Christmas decorating till after Santa has come through on the Macy’s Day Parade and it’s officially Christmas season. That’s what I grew up with. Maybe I’m just old fashioned.

Awww, that bat is cute! But he’s not orange and black, he’s just an all-year bat. LOL!

7 Likes

Personally I would decorate for Halloween in July, lol.it has always been my favorite holiday with fall being my favorite season. My granddaughters are already coming up with decorating ideas, and I already bought a couple nick nacks. This Halloween will be extra special for me and my family because we moved from the house I shared with my husband. He hated all holidays, and did all he could to reduce my bliss. Personally, this year’s celebration will be one of independence and reconnecting with the person I used to be! I can’t wait.

10 Likes

11 Likes

How precious is she!!! She’s a little princess!! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Thank you!

8 Likes

I love Halloween and I’m always a witch :rofl: It’s never to early for me!

8 Likes

Sounds like you’re going to be able to go all out this year! That’s great! And you’re daughter’s picture is so cute!

See, I love Halloween but I think if you drag it out too long, it gets to be ordinary and less than special. I’m weird that way.

8 Likes