Too early for Halloween or not? šŸŽƒ

Honestly speaking from wheel of the year, Samhain is the only festival I really celebrated by heart. :grimacing:

10 Likes

Thanks, thatā€™s one of my granddaughters. We will start decorating in the middle of September.

8 Likes

Awesome @darlene13 .

7 Likes

I had to stop and think for a moment because my immediate reaction is no- itā€™s never too early for the best holiday of the year! :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :partying_face:

But Iā€™d be lying if I said there wasnā€™t something a bitā€¦ unsettling about seeing Halloween stuff in Julyā€¦ :thinking:

I think itā€™s less about seeing Halloween stuff (which I still get very excited about!) and more about how I feel that businesses are trying to squeeze money out of people for a holiday that isnā€™t about money.

One of the best things about Halloween in my opinion is that itā€™s the least stressful holiday- thereā€™s no pressure to buy, wrap, and give out gifts like many of the other holidays (Christmas, Valentineā€™s Day, Birthdays, even the Fourth of July and Thanksgiving can get expensive if youā€™re hosting).

On Halloween, you can grab random stuff around the house for your creative ā€œcostumeā€ and thereā€™s free candy everywhere :laughing: Itā€™s always been a cheap holiday about having fun- and the fact that businesses are trying to monetize that as much as possible just doesnā€™t sit well with me :woman_shrugging:

Despite saying that, thereā€™s absolutely no Halloween stuff out in Poland at the moment and Iā€™m a bit jealous of everyoneā€™s cute Halloween treasures :joy:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s the main reason Christmas is no longer my favorite holiday; thereā€™s too much pressure to buy, which is sending a terrible message that the only way to have a joyous holiday season is through material things.
When I was younger, I probably would have thought late July/early August is too early for Halloween, but now that time goes by so fast, I actually donā€™t mind. It gives me more time to enjoy the holiday.

7 Likes

Youā€™re so very welcome :wink:

5 Likes

OMG! I Love it! Iā€™ve never seen a bat any cuter than this! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I say itā€™s never too early for Halloween stuff, but thatā€™s only because thatā€™s the only time plain black unscented candles are easily accessible :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

After the first day of fall, thatā€™s when the Halloween stuff could come out! LOL!

Too true! Itā€™s turned into this major holiday when it used to be about homemade costumes and free sweets. Free costume parades and carnivals. Not that that doesnā€™t happen too, but big money sure is trying to get the most out of it.

Oh, and Iā€™m sure in Poland theyā€™ll be putting out the pumpkins soon.

No black candles around here, they used to and some nitwit had a fit in the craft store.

4 Likes

I hope so! I imagine weā€™ll be seeing them in the vegetable isle of the supermarket soon :jack_o_lantern: :grin:

Thatā€™s a really good point- thereā€™s a lot of Halloween decor that would work perfectly for rituals or altar decorations. The Halloween aesthetic really is awesome for witchy folks :grin::ok_hand:

4 Likes

A few years ago I wouldā€™ve agreed, but once I became a parent the speed of life automatically shifted into overdrive. Now I find that if I donā€™t prepare for holidays well in advance, by the time itā€™s ā€œappropriateā€ Iā€™m behind!! I think itā€™s good to be thinking about and prepping for holidays that are important to you in advance so that youā€™re ready when the time comes.

6 Likes

Good point. Youā€™ve got to take chances when you can to get ready I suppose. LOL!

5 Likes

My daughter loves halloween so decorations start August 1st in our house. Actually, some decor never comes down! Thereā€™s a bat hanging from a smoke detector for the last 5 years and my credenza is loaded with skulls of various types. Spiders and Jack o lanterns still adorn the bay window of our game room. Did I mention that my daughter LOVES Halloween? :joy:

7 Likes

@Amethyst no way! never too early!

4 Likes

Hee! How old is your daughter @Peaches? She sounds delightful!

I guess Iā€™m getting cranky in my old age. I want one holiday to finish before starting another! LOL!

6 Likes

Sheā€™ll be 29 in December.
She will literally start thinking about halloween on November 1st

8 Likes

Doesnā€™t let any time go by, does she? LOL!

5 Likes

Weā€™re getting ready! :laughing:

12 Likes

Looking Halloweenie! :jack_o_lantern:

6 Likes

Loving your Halloween spirit, @Peaches! And what a fine collection of skulls- but is that a Pokeball (or two) I see hiding in there as well? :laughing: :+1: Love it! :two_hearts:

7 Likes