Transferring Weekly Witchy Challenge from Word

Hello All. I am having a difficult time transferring my Challenge to from word to Spells 8. I have to keep editing and wow…that is a project in itself. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Blessed Be with love,
Medea

5 Likes

Hmm… :thinking: I’m not sure other than just copying and pasting it?

I do know, just for future reference, that you can send a private message to yourself with your post and make drafts that way. I know the forum only has the capability to have 1 draft going at a time.

Maybe @Francisco has some ideas!

(I hope you don’t mind but I moved this to #site-feedback)

7 Likes

Of course, I don’t mind! I appreciate when you give me feedback. It is amazing the detailed, experienced knowledge learned from you.
Well, I posted this week’s Challenge. Maybe, next week I will just do it here and edit when need be.

As always Megan, thank you and Blessed Be,
Medea

6 Likes

@Medea
Have you tried copying → paste?
Garnet
th-002

6 Likes

You’re very welcome! I’m glad I could help :blush:

6 Likes

Yes, Love I did. That turns out to be a project together :woozy_face: It does not paste like the way I typed it. Way, way too many edits. Thank you for your feedback :innocent:

6 Likes

Depending on what the edits are, you can also edit the formatting in the word document then copy & paste from there to your messages & do the “forum” edits then copy that to the forum.

I agree with @MeganB that @Francisco may have to let us know of another way to do it.

Unless you start out writing out the post in the forum so it formats the right way the first time? But you can only have one draft at a time… :thinking:

4 Likes

Hi Siofra_Strego, you are so correct on draft at a time which I didn’t even realize that I had more than one, boy did I get myself confessed. Yes, I did type it in word first made any changes that needed to n
do, then copied and pasted. I was a complete mess. I will see what happens for this next Challenge. Unless I chicken out and just type it.
Thank you for your reply, Blessed Be
Medea

3 Likes

Hi @Medea

Microsoft Word allows you to save your document in different formats.

Here are a couple of things you can try:

1. Save As a TEXT Document - Select Plain Text (.txt) Then cut and paste.

2. Save As a WEB Page - (*.htm, *.html) Then cut and paste. (This option may require a little editing, especially if you’ve never used HTML)

I have not tried either option, but I know you can use HTML. Anyway, give it a go, and let me know how it goes.

4 Likes

Hi Marsha,
I am sorry this reply is so late. I did not see it. Actually, I have seen this before but I never tried it. This will be very helpful. Blessed Be! Thank you so much!
Medea

4 Likes

Issue resolved- closing old discussion