Update on me! 👩‍🎓

Hi everyone! I know I’ve been a bit absent and only pop in from time to time but I wanted to give you all an update on me! :woman_student:

If you remember this was my last semester finishing up college and I did it! I finally completed my Bachelor’s degree in Art! :art: :camera: my emphasis is in photography and painting. It still feels so surreal to be done. I still feel like I need to be working on assignments and homework :sweat_smile:

If you want to check out my work here is the link to my website. https://marissa-kucharek.squarespace.com

My thesis project was having a “Senior Art Show” with my fellow classmates that were art majors. We showed our artwork in the gallery on campus. Since there were 4 of us we each got our own wall to display our work. I showed 8 pieces (photographs) and all of my work was for sale. I ended up selling 2 pieces! We learned how to properly install artwork (measure, hang, etc) as well as typing up an artist statement and put up wall vinyl text of our name and title cards.

Im definitely taking this summer time to unwind and relax. As well as take some time to read books and work on new art projects now that I have time and can take things at my own pace now.

I plan on being more active on here connecting with everyone and making more posts! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face: I just looked through your portfolio on your website, and love your work! My favorites are all the ones that have anything to do with the grandfather clock because I’m OBSESSED with grandfather clocks :heart_eyes_cat: Thank you for sharing your work! :smiley:

9 Likes

Yay for you on graduating! That’s so awesome. Your Senior Art Show sounds fun. Great job!

8 Likes

I would love to say congratulations on your completion on your degree :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: happy to know that you have finally finished. Great work.

8 Likes

Congrats! :woman_student:t3: Graduating, selling your art, and taking some time this summer to unwind… All of it is so perfect and I am happy for you. I wish you so much success for all of the hard work and I can’t wait to see more from you on here in the future.

8 Likes

Congratulations on your degree and also on your two sales!! :clap: :clap: :tada:

For some reason this reminded me of one of the episodes in the Netflix show Blown Away :fire: If you haven’t seen it, it’s about glass sculptors making concepts and pieces of art on the spot. It has some inspiring moments too!

I look forward to seeing more of you around the Coven!! :infinite_roots:

8 Likes

Congratulations! Wonderful artwork too. Taking some you time after such a big event is a great idea! I’ve missed you, but figured that you were busy & you were! Congratulations!

8 Likes

There you are :relaxed::sparkling_heart: congratulations on getting your degree!!! :clap:t3::star_struck::bouquet:

8 Likes

Oh I love grandfather clocks!!! My grandfather had one (go figure) but I’m not sure who ended up with it

9 Likes

@christina4 Thank you so much Christina :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Susurrus Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Yes I’ve missed you too girl!

@Francisco Thank you Francisco! That is so neat I haven’t heard of that show but I definitely will check it out :fire:

@praecog29 Thank you so much. Your kind words mean a lot! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@NickWick Thank you so much! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Amethyst It was so much fun and definitely a great experience! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Jewitch Thank you so much and I’m so happy you like my work! I super appreciate it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@BryWisteria Aw thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you are too kind. Im looking forward to chatting with you more as well!

8 Likes

A huge congrats to you, @Missa, on completing your degree and on your successful sales! :partying_face: :heart:

You’ve worked really hard- may you enjoy a restful and relaxing summer after all you’ve accomplished :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I always enjoy your posts in the forum- looking forward to chatting with you more this summer!

Congrats again and blessed be! :art::two_hearts:

8 Likes

Congratulations!!
:tada::1st_place_medal::partying_face::star_struck::tada:
Your work is stunning!

9 Likes

My mother’s grandfather made a Granddaughter clock! It was beautiful, but I couldn’t keep it at my house. A very good friend is having it fixed & is putting it in their babies room when she is born.

My father’s wife has a collection of Grandfather clocks. They are all gorgeous, but that many going off at the same time is a bit much. Lol

7 Likes

Congratulations on earning your Degree :tada: :tada: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :tada: :tada:
Your portfolio is amazing :star_struck: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

@Rowan Thank you for checking out my work. I’m glad you like it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@Liisa Thank you Liisa! I appreciate your kind words :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes