Wanted to Share Artwork Gifted to Me

It was bittersweet to finally be able to leave Louisiana and fly back to Florida yesterday. But I walked into a bunch of birthday packages that were sent while I was away ( my bday was 8/15 and it seems like months ago!!)

One package had 2 pieces of artwork that I just wanted to share! When I imagine what my ancestors look like, this one image in particular is what I see! And to see it on canvas… I’m just amazed! It’s titled The Spark.

And this one will be what I look to when I need to call my Leo energy for confidence and boldness!

I looked up the artist and she has many works of art themed around witchcraft, mysticism, and the metaphysical with subjects that look like many ethnicities. I will definitely be making a future purchase :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Funny thing is, these came from my parents and I was just with them lol!! But I think I can say with certainty now that they “get me”!

16 Likes

The art work is stunning. Happy belated birthday I hope you enjoy your new treasures

7 Likes

Happy Belated birthday! It’s great your parents are finally accepting what you do. My cousin is studying to become an Orisha and my Aunt and her brothers and sisters are always putting her down, degrading her about this change she has begun. I told my cousin, its just because they don’t understand that you are evolving into a better you…you have awakened and because they’re minds are still closed off from reality, they think you are one of the evil ones.

So I am so happy that your family has opened themselves to see what you see.

7 Likes

Btw, @robin77, who is the artist? I would love to purchase some of her work.

6 Likes

Oh gosh I completely forgot to add that! Hillary Wilson is the artist. Her Instagram and website were included on a card in the package, not sure if she has other social media but I bet she does!
Instagram: @hillarydwilsonart
Web: http://www.hdwilsonart.com/

My heart goes out to your cousin. I was afraid of a similar response but was happily surprised. But I know it must be so difficult for her right now. Sending support and strength

6 Likes

I hope you had a great birthday! The artwork is stunning! I’m very happy for you.

6 Likes

Whoa :flushed: I’m blown away by how gorgeous they are!!! Happy belated birthday :balloon::tada: that’s my son’s birthday, too! He’s 15 now 🤦

7 Likes

Awww! 15 I remember that and I remember being a handful too! My poor parents! Happy belated birthday to him :blue_heart:

6 Likes

They’re beautiful! I especially like the one with the lion cub. Happy belated birthday to you!

6 Likes

Happy belated birthday @robin77 !!!
I wish to you the best, and a lot of blessings yo your life.
Those portraits looks stunning, I really love it. Hillary Wilson, definitely worth to check.

6 Likes

Very beautiful artwork , powerful

6 Likes

Wishing you a happy belated birthday, @robin77, and a warm welcome home from your travels! :heart: What a delight to return to that- the artwork is stunning :heart_eyes: Your parents know you well :blush: Thanks for sharing both the pieces and the artist- enjoy your new treasures!

4 Likes

Happy Belated Birthday. I love your gifted artworks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

These are beautiful :heart_eyes: :revolving_hearts:
And happy belated birthday :birthday:

5 Likes

:cupcake:Happy Belated Birthday Robin!! :face_with_monocle: I Love your Artwork they are amazingly beautiful!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
That is really neat that the art work came from your parents! What a great gift!
Jeannie :star2:

5 Likes