Ways to reuse your tea bags 🫖

I made some cinnamon oil today and was looking up online how to reuse the sludgy oily leftover cinnamon and came across ideas for reusing tea bags. I had to share. :relaxed: I’m sure the possibilities are endless and I’ll bet many of you may have some ideas to add to this! Please do! :teapot::recycle::tea::earth_americas:

Below are some of the links that I enjoyed reading:

(Dude, hibiscus tea toner?! Yes please!)

I love the dyes and paints ideas. I saw this for reusing herbs too, even for dying eggs for Ēostre!

See #10 in the link above for cleaning up ashes!

And just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, here is an Irish tea cake recipe: :shamrock::ireland::green_heart:

Okay, okay, I’ll stop now :grin: Enjoy! Sorry not sorry for sending you down the same rabbit hole as I!

10 Likes

I put tea leaves to good use in Tea Leaf Readings, I like to use leftover chamomile bags as a face wash and I’ve used tea in cooking before (chai pancakes, anyone? :pancakes: :yum:)- but otherwise I just compost the remains. There are some really creative tea bag ideas here- these are so fun to see! :heart_eyes:

As a fellow tea-lover, I really love posts like these- thank you so much for sharing the creative tea ideas, @ValentineMoonBabe! :heart:

6 Likes

These are neat! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing these links! The tea bags that I do have I have used for the crushed herbs inside when I have run out… but otherwise I did at one-time wonder if there was something else that I could do with them. All I had thought about was burying them in my backyard. :joy:

5 Likes

Wow, this is amazing! I’m going to start calling you Tea Witch :slight_smile: seriously, though I’m bookmarking and can’t wait to ry some of these. Thank you!

5 Likes

@BryWisteria chai pancakes sound delicious! :yum:

5 Likes

They are highly recommend if you’re a fan of the warming spices! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And easy to make: you can use your favorite pancake recipe and just substitute some of the liquid (probably milk or water depending on your recipe) with strongly brewed chai tea. You can adjust the amount based on how spicy you want the pancakes to be :pancakes: :two_hearts: :coffee:

@Amethyst shared a recipe for a Chai Tea Spice Cake too that any spice lovers might enjoy- another lovely way to incorporate tea and spices into cooking! :blush:

Now there’s a great title! :heart_eyes:

I wonder if we can brew up a tea challenge in the future to go with such a lovely title… :wink: :tea:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria I’m so glad you enjoyed! Oh chamomile face wash sounds so soothing, I will definitely try that. Should pair nicely with the hibiscus tea toner mentioned in one of the links. :hugs: And yum to the chai pancakes!

5 Likes

@Susurrus I do the same with the herbs inside tea bags when I run out! Great minds…! :grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

@mary25 :heart: love it! So glad you enjoyed!

5 Likes

@Amethyst I looovvveee spice cake, thank you!

5 Likes

You’re welcome!

5 Likes