⌚ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - It's Time for Time Magick

3… 2… 1… Merry meet!

Thank you once again to everyone who joined in for the previous Weekly Witchy Challenge - 13 Days of Holiday Celebrations :tada:, hopefully you enjoyed the holidays!

For those who counted down the seconds to the new year, reflected on the period of 2022, or set goals for the new calendar year 2023- whether you were aware of it or not, time has been on your mind lately :brain: :mantelpiece_clock:

Which brings us right on time to this week’s theme! Suggested by the lovely @Kasandra, it is…

Time Magick Witch Challenge Spells8

:watch::sparkles: Time Magick :cyclone: :mantelpiece_clock:

How is time important to you?
And what role does it play in your magick?

In the mundane world, the clock is king- it tells us when to wake up, when we need to head to work, whether or not you are late, how long you’re “on the clock”, when to be ready for appointments, and so on :running_woman: :dash:

Whether it is helpful or hurtful and stress-relieving or stress-inducing is something that varies from one person to the next, but there is no doubt that time plays a huge role in many of our lives :clock1:

As magick helps us manifest our desires and gain control over our circumstances- naturally, as time is such a key part of daily life, there are certainly ways for time and magick to interact :handshake:

This week is all about exploring time and magick- but I advise you to be cautious! Time is a vastly complex and intriguing topic, and the further you go, the more your clock :clock5: might start to look like a compass :compass:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s challenge is all about exploring time’s role in magick- but as always, how you do so is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Picture from Pixabay

STEP 1 : Tick Tock Goes the Witch’s Clock :mantelpiece_clock:

This challenge is all about time and magick- but how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

Still not sure where to begin?

To help you get started, the following list has a few suggestions in which a witch might approach this challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:cyclone: Time Travel

Science fiction films love to explore the possibilities of time traveling- but while whether or not time travel is feasible in the physical world will depend largely on your own beliefs, many do agree that the laws of physics do not apply to the spiritual, astral, and other worlds.

Whether it is in the physical world or another world or plane, you might consider exploring time travel for this challenge!

Astral Travel Discussion
Astral-Travel-projection-360x240

NEW! Astral Travel & Astral Projection Masterpost
Astral Travel Projection Spells8

:thought_balloon: Timeless Dreams

Time doesn’t work the same in dreams as it does in the waking world. Through dreams, one can revisit the past, explore potential futures, or even use Lucid Dreaming to write or re-write a timeline of their choice. You might consider dream magick as a way to explore time this week!

Lucid Dreaming- How to Gain Control of Your Dreams
Lucid Dreaming Spells8 Dream Magick

:globe_with_meridians: Hedge & Liminal Spaces

Hedge Magick is going beyond the “hedge”- crossing borders and being unbound by time as we know it. Liminal places are locations where things are happening yet time seems altered, or standing still. Both hedge magick and liminality may be key to exploring time in your path, if you so choose.

What is a Hedge Witch?
Are-you-a-Hedge-Witch-min-360x240

:person_in_lotus_position: Being in the Present Moment

In her challenge theme suggestion, @Kasandra noted something special about time in relation to mindfulness:

In many of the meditations videos I have followed, I have noticed that you’re asked to appreciate the moment, to put aside your worries for now, and don’t worry about the past or the future.

Indeed, in meditations and mindfulness exercises and practice, being present in the moment is a common focus and goal.

For this challenge, consider pursuing the beauty of being present and alive in the immediate moment. You might try any of the many meditation methods out there- here are few that might help you get started.

Guided Meditations
Guided-Meditations-360x240

:person_raising_hand: It’s Your Time

Consider opening up your Witch’s Journal or Book of Mirrors for some personal reflections on time in your practice. While you are free to write about anything, here are a few prompts that may help you get started:

If you could live forever in your current body and mind, would you?
What would you do if you could stop time in the physical world?
Would you do things differently if you had endless time? What if you had significantly less time left available to you?
How has time impacted or influenced how you practice?

:raised_hands: … And More!

The suggestions above are just that- simple suggestions! If you feel called to explore how time and magick combine in another way, please feel free to do so! :blush:

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the theme :star2:

From Medium: The Three Greek Gods of Time

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here for instructions on where to share your entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new thread in the forum (doing so keeps your entry separate and is a good option if you have a lot to share)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, January 10 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)
( Time Converter: 2023-01-10T06:00:00Z)

(Note that the time zone is CET- if you don’t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from English Heritage: 5 Clocks Which Tell the Story of Time

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Art by Ariana Morgana: Time Witch

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Tick, tock goes the clock
Always turning, never stops
The hands direct and tell us when,
Never stop, begin again

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed Be! :watch::sparkles:

21 Likes

Woohooo! Superb superb! This theme first of all is amazing @Kasandra!! I love even thinking about time magick now!! :mantelpiece_clock: :sparkles: and… @BryWisteria You just put the whipped cream on the cake bread with cherries!! Really!! I loooove this challenge and I am soon, very soon posting my entry!! Thank you soo much & blessed be!! :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

Since my Fantasy Cats oracle deck just came in the mail, I was thinking of doing a relaxing meditation with my cats to unwind and stop time for a moment. :cat: Cats experience time differently and don’t stress out over it the same way people do.

15 Likes

Wow really a great idea!! Also I loove that deck! :heart_eyes: Go ahead with the unwinding meditation and do share your experience!! :smiling_face: :sparkles:

13 Likes

Ooo… time for my thinking cap :billed_cap: for this one. I’m usually one to need to take a break from the clock & do a meditation to slow myself down… but I think I want to explore something different :face_with_monocle: for this one as my entry… think, think, think, :thinking:

I’ll have to see what I can come up with! No more appointments this week! So I should be able to find some time to put some thought into this one. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

126 [Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - It’s Time for Time Magick]

Challenge entry – Garnet 01/04/2023 6PM EST
Since we’ve all studied the concept of OBE, we know that through
meditation and magick, we can travel outside our bodies. So, to save
time and effort for all of us, I’ll move on to physical time travel.

First of all, I hated physics and after this post, you may too.
I’m going to do a little reflection on paper and it may sound
initially like horse-:poop:. But bare with me.
Time travel is filled with twists and turns & ups and downs.

At this point in time, physical time travel hasn’t come to fruition.
Or has it? It could be that we already time travel, in our everyday
life. If one can count the time between one event to the next, we
have essentially traveled through time. Think birthday or anniversary
we’ve traveled for a year.

In that simple scenario, we are all “traveling at about the same time", one second
is equal to one second. And as such we are all in a constant state of time travel.
Albert Einstein said that nothing can go faster than the speed of light (186,000
miles per second). That’s like a physics speed limit. But scientists now have
theories to prove that the faster you go, the slower your time passes.
Can you place any everyday application to this?
Yes and no. We cannot use a 'time machine to jump hundred years forward
or backward, that falls under science fiction, so far. Satellites are orbiting Earth
about 12,550 miles (give or take) above the surface. This actually speeds up
GPS satellite clocks by a slighter larger fraction of a second. Here’s the wrench
in the mix. Einstein’s theory says that gravity curves space and time, causing
time to slow. In the higher satellites orbiting the earth, gravity is much weaker.
This in turn causes the clocks on the GPS to run faster than the clocks on the
ground.
In 1905, Einstein won worldwide fame for his general theory of relativity and a Nobel Prize in 1921 Albert Einstein - HISTORY

Question 2
If you could live forever in your current body and mind, would you?
That’s both an easy and difficult question to answer.

My life has been both good and bad but always MAGICK!
I’ve done almost everything thing I wanted (except sky-diving and
riding the rapids of the colorado river.) I have been praised and
taught harsh lessons in humility. I have learned to be tolerant, patient,
and perseverant. I’ve been cheated and lied to, but I’ve also known the
greatest love and truths anyone can.
Would I do it again?
I’d love to, but what if I do something different? What if my life is changed
in even a minimal way…that frightens me. I don’t want to live forever, I’m
tired and my body is breaking down. I’d rather step aside for all the eager
hungry minds waiting for their chance, have their chance to live, laugh and love.
Thanks my little Dragon Lady
Blessings to all
Garnet

17 Likes

This is a lovely one @Garnet! Honestly, I am awe struck by your entry, specially for the question 2! :face_holding_back_tears: You made us learn soo much about how we are already time travelling! That’s mesmerizing!! Thank you, blessed be dear! :kissing_heart: :sparkles:

13 Likes

Hmm going to have to think about this challenge a little bit as nothing leaps out at me first read through. Maybe after the Group Ritual tomorrow, I’ll be in a more calm and creative place to think of what to do for my challenge. :hourglass_flowing_sand:

13 Likes

@Susurrus im right there with u. Gotta think on this one. I dont want it to be normal hedge magik.

12 Likes

@Garnet this is amazing sister. I love the detail that u put into everything in the forum. Lots of love to u

12 Likes

@Garnet that is a wonderful entry! Great job as always! :revolving_hearts:

@Artemisia, I’ve been thinking about it & I think I may have come up with something but I am going to have to think a little more :laughing:

@Mistress_Of_Herbs I do the same thing, I kind of look at the suggestions & go from there to come up with my own type of entry on how to do it. This one is definitely a thinker before actually going through with it.

I’m sure we’ll be able to come up with something great! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

@Susurrus yes ma’am u are correct. Jusy gotta think.

12 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I didn’t know where to start with this challenge and then I stumbled across a method of using planetary hours to boost your magick and I was so intrigued! I often have difficulty finding time at night or waiting until the proper time of the month to work, but with this method, segments of the day are ruled by a planet’s influences which can be used to your spellcasting advantage.

Planet Influences
Saturn Long-term goals, career goals, protection
Jupiter Wealth and prosperity, meditation, luck
Mars Courage, passion, defensive spells
Sun Sunday Success, happiness, healing, boosting physical energy, strength
Venus Love, romantic relationships, beauty, domestic efforts
Mercury Education,legal issues, communications, self-improvement, wisdom
Moon Psychic abilities, gardening, emotions, fertility, family

From Exemplore.com (https://exemplore.com/wicca-witchcraft/How-to-Cast-Spells-Magical-Timing-by-Planetary-Hours): “Let’s say I want to cast a spell to help me with a career goal. Ideally, for my goal, the moon would be in Capricorn, but the moon doesn’t enter Capricorn until near the end of the month. Worse, Mercury is in retrograde from now until February 28th, and that won’t do at all! I just can’t wait, so I decide to use the planetary hours of Saturn to draw the influences from it that I need, and I choose to do the spell on February 13th because the moon phase is good, and I’m off that night.”

If you have a smart phone and can download an app, there is a simple way to have these influences automatically calculated for your geographic location. You can even activate a widget for your phone’s home screen and an alarm to notify you when a specific influence’s time occurs:

I have started playing around with this app and I love it!! The widget uses astrological symbols to denote each planet so for those not as familiar with these symbols, another website helps decipher: ☿ ♀ ♁ ♂ ♃ ♅ ♆ Planet Symbols Astrological

If you want to understand the calculations and determine them on your own with some simple math, this website goes into detail: https://exemplore.com/wicca-witchcraft/How-to-Cast-Spells-Magical-Timing-by-Planetary-Hours

14 Likes

Merry Meet!! :white_heart: I am back with my new challenge entry but only part 1 yet! :wink:

My Challenge Entry Part 1…

I was wondering how to make the most out of this challenge and I thought let’s do a Mix of All! As in, in this entry I am going to post an image of my ‘mindfulness meditation’ Altar and my Grimoire in which I did my Time Magick Prompts! (I really hope there’s not much wrong here to use a BOS, for this? As I don’t have my BOM yet :frowning_face:) Also my very own three experiences during the meditation! :innocent:

When I was initiating the Mindfulness Meditation, as suggested by dear @MeganB! :hugs: I lit up a stick of Palo Santo incense and a white chime candle to meditate upon. Before I closed my eyes, I tried a little trick! I asked the sacred flame to communicate with me :candle: as I mentally told it to jiggle a little…I waited a few minutes staring at it constantly when the flame jiggled from side to side for 2-3 seconds! I was astonished!! Really, afterwards when I closed my eyes, I saw the same image of that flame in my mind’s eye very clearly and focused on it…when almost I was about to open my eyes at the end, (okay, I did open them a few times involuntarily! :sweat_smile:) I saw or I think I saw maybe a beautiful patch of Silver, while my eyes were still closed!! It was lovely! I really hope to get some insight on what it could mean for me?? Seeing a patch of silver is obviously not quite a common experience during meditations though! :laughing: Now, I would like to share some pics of my Grimoire where I did the Time Magick Q&A…

So…that’s all for now! The part 2 is coming soon…although there won’t be any pics in it probably! :sweat_smile: Do help me in understanding the silver patch theory! Haha, waiting for everyone else’s entries too!! Eagerly! :smiling_face: :blush: Blessed be lovely friends! :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

16 Likes

I love this. I am very into both astronomy and astrology and this is a great way of incorporating it into practice. I havent used the planetary hours as such but am more familiar with the planetary days, where the whole day is overseen by a particular planet and gives it its general energy.

11 Likes

I’m so excited that you found this information useful! I am kind of enthralled by the idea of finding ways to supercharge my magick, so I will have to check out the planetary days option you mentioned too! Thanks @Cosmic_Curiosity!

11 Likes

Challenge entry
I love the stars and planets, both from an astronomy and astrology point of view. In fact it was my love of Astro o my and taking my telescope out to dark sites that got in intoastrology, which eventually lead me down the path of Wicca and ultimately to this coven! Who says science and religion cannot co exist eh?:joy:

I have explored astrology for a few years now d have moved away from the big three to ultimately exploring the workings and influences of the planets and how they interact though aspects. Through this, I also discovered that each day has a planetary ruler and that therefore, each day is more suited to different things. This helped me to determine when to do and not do different things.

I have these that I made for my own use to help guide my day.They are no means prescriptive and daily life means I cannot follow them to the word but they give a sense of the general energy of the day and what they might be used to achieve. I normally have a quick glance in the morning to see what I should try to incorporate.

@Trixie_Thojrne if they are of any use in helping please feel free to use. That goes for everyone else too!

Blessed be

13 Likes

Oh these are awesome @Cosmic_Curiosity and going straight into my grimoire! I’m going to have to spend the month test driving pairing these energies in my work. I’m really kind of excited about the potential. :boom:

12 Likes

Glad they are of some use to you.:blush: good luck with your experimenting. Let me know how you get on

11 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Seeing silver patch in meditation?